WEB can't figure this out...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Jun 11, 2008.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

I have 2 <a> links side by side. they are both contained within a <div> that is styled with float: left and clear: right

in Firefox the two links appear just about side by side, which is what i want. however, in IE they appear far apart from each other, maybe about 30 pixels apart or so, and the left link isnt even on the left corner of the <div>

sorry i cant post any code nor images. i hoped i described it well enough. what the hey is going on?? i just copied code and CSS files off another website and am supposed to replicate it for a XML/XSL demo. the original is in PHP and CSS. some people want things to be more dynamic, involving REST, XML, and XSL. i just need to replicate the PHP+CSS into XML+XSL, yet things aren't working. I am using Eclipse with Oxygen plugin on Windows.

thanks for any help!

2. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

just put a banner at the top of the page that says "If this page looks screwed up to you, it's because you're using Internet Explorer. Get Firefox!"

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

learn how to write legit css; can't post code :hsugh:

4. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

the CSS files were copied directly from the original site, which works fine of course. i didnt change it one bit save for image paths, which work. all im doing is instead of having PHP generate the HTML/CSS im feeding XML and transform it to HTML using XSL.

5. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

IE is gay.

/thread