cant detail my car

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dan avoN7, Jun 8, 2004.

1. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

well after buying a new terry cloth towel and micro fiber towel i went to work on my car again. Used DACP on the fenders and hood. Then used SFP on the same parts plus the roof. Then finished the car up by using S100 all over. I thought it looked amazing at first but it was also pretty dark out. Next day in the sun the car still looked really good. Couldnt see any swirls or scratches really except on the hood. Its been about a week since the detail and the car looks like crap. I see TONS of scratches all over. Not swirls but straight lines that stand out all over when the sun hits the car. This time i thought i used a good amount of pressure and really worked the products in. I sorta lost at what to do since i never get great results.

2. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

It could be that the terry cloth towels that you're using to apply the DACP and SFP on the hood are causing the marring... I had this problem with some terry cloth towels that I picked up from Costco a while ago.

I've bought a PC since then so I don't have to worry about that anymore :coold:

3. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

yea could be, i purchased them from kragen so who knows how good of quality they are. I guess ill just wait till my friend is back from school and ask to borrow his PC.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Either borrow your friend's PC or get some quality terry cloth bath towels and cut them up to use.

5. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

whats the best place to buy them locally? Also if there are none whats a site to order from. And is it bad to cut the terry clothes and microfibers up, like will they start to shred apart?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Just get the 12 x 16 or 16 x 16 sized MF towels. www.pakshak.com is a great place to get them.

For quality terry cloth towels, so go Target or Walmart and buy soft bath towels and cut them down to size.

Don't wash terry cloth towels with microfiber or you will end up with lint on the MF towels.