GUN Can't decide..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ryno, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

Well I just sold my old jeep for $1500 cash. It was a toy that I really didn't need. Now.. the problem is.... I REALLY want a 1911....but tuition needs payed soon. What should I do? Is there any way of talking myself into the fact that the gun will increase in value someday and actually be a worthy investment? Or should I just pay tuition and keep dreaming about my 1911?

2. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Most guns very slowly depreciate, so it's hard to talk yourself into believing they'll ever actually increase in value unless they're rare or a collectible. :o

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Pay the tuition. After you graduate and get a better job you'll be glad you did.

4. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

:werd: an education is worth WAY more than a 1911. that's like me asking "so i found this crackwhore lying in the street bleeding, and I was wondering if i should rape her corpse or go home to my supermodel wife."

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Ditto that. No gun you can purchase for $1,500 will ever appreicate more than the value of a diploma. When you are done with school, you'll be able to buy all the toys you want with spare change. :)

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Amen to that. Pay the tuition now and look forward to being able to afford better toys down the road thanks to a good career. OR you can work at McDonalds and go home to mom's basement and look at that $1500 1911 sitting on the shelf. :)

(tough love)

7. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I know what the smart thing to do is..pay the tuition. But what about buying a cheap "shooter" 1911 then using the rest for school? I bought my RIA for $309 out the door and I love it.

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

This is my advice. :o