Can't Decide On A Single DVD Player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Everytime i look up reviews for a player its half people bitching and half people praising, i find it utterly impossible to make up my mind.

i looked at Yamaha

i looked at Denon

I looked at a lot of things.

for the 300ish region and under I cant seem to figure anything out, I want SACD and DVD-A support, but I want to make sure I get a reliable unit. Am I going to basically just have to take the plunge and hope if any problem arrises its before the warranty expries? The Denon DVD-1920 is one unit im looking at I just dont know how good it will prove to be.

How is Samsung for DVD players?

2. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

What display will it be mated to? Denon 1920 maybe?

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

a 36-inch toshiba CRT

4. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Go with the Denon 1920. I picked it up a couple weeks ago and its a very nice unit. Better than most everything else in its price range. I am not a huge samsung fan, most of their stuff is hit or miss. I'd go with the 1920..you won't be dissapointed.

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

I have not had personal experience with Denon, how would you are their long term reliability?

6. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Not too sure about long term. The oldest piece of Denon equipment I have is a 5 disc dvd player that is mabye 2.5 years old. Works fine. My other pieces are only 5 months old at most. I can't say I've heard anything bad about the long term of Denon products. I'd go with it.

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Will do, thanks for the help