Can't connect to Xbox Live/PC

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by 2xPutt, Nov 13, 2009.

1. 2xPutt

2xPutt New Member

alright what in the fuck is going on? first off, sorry if this is the wrong spot to put it, but since it relates to Xbox live, I figure here would be the place to put this. Everything was working fine earlier for Xbox and PC and then the stupid fucking internet dropped, so I restarted the modem and it connected but nothing worked, I then diagnosed the modem and it gave me something about resetting IP / reset local lan adapter. so I did both (one after the other) and now my xbox will not connect to live or my PC. I do have a router that has an ethernet cord running to the xbox and I also have the wireless adapter. I've tried everything xbox.com/support has suggested. I've tried automatic DNS settings and manual DNS settings but no dice.

all i want to do is watch some damn movies right now but the xbox isn't even connecting to my PC, what could be causing all of this to happen? the not being able to get onto live and/or play my movies?

thanks for any help and sorry if this is wrong section :o

2. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

This is more at home in computers and programming, but if I had a sub I'd post this in the main forum.

Could be your isp's problem. Have you reset the modem? Not just turning it off but pressing the reset button for a few seconds until it resets? You might have to re enter some details if you that though.

3. 2xPutt

2xPutt New Member

yup, reset and powered down both modem and router and turned them back on.

thanks for the suggestion on main forum though :)