SRS can't concentrate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gaga, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Gaga

Gaga New Member

Well i went back to school this week after holidays, And ever since i have been gone back. I can't concentrate, i am feeling lost everywhere.

Like when the teacher is speaking something i just loose what he is saying, it's not getting to my brain.

It's very hard to explain. Like i can make a decisions and do them but always feeling lost.

I know you might not understand what i am saying

2. I understand what you're saying. Do you have any ideas what may have happened to lead to this lack of concentration? Has any situational event in your life taken place that may be of significance, or has this problem persisted prior to the holiday vacation?

3. marauder

marauder New Member

Oh happens to me to often :eek3: I know how you feel.
    Some times I just loose concentration and have to think realy hard as to what was said to me:wtc: .
    EDIT: Even if it's something I realy want to know I can loose concentration and not have a clue as to what I was listening to :wtc: :wtc: might remember some of it I'm lucky.

4. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Maybe you have ADD or is something troubling you? Because if you are having a problem and it worries you alot, sometimes people tend to focus on the problem more then what is going on around them.

And if nothing is bothering you maybe you should go to the doctor and get tested for Add. If you do that, and you have it they can discribe you some medication that will help you. Good Luck

5. Gaga

Gaga New Member

Umm Ok. Thanks,

6. l S3RG10 l

l S3RG10 l New Member

I used to have that when I was in college and got back from vacation, to me it was no big deal and passed after a week or so.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Unless something changed over the holiday, as in something came up to distract you, then I'd say that you just need a bit more time to settle into things.

Have your classes gotten harder?

8. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Since this semester has started, i haven't concentrated at all in school. I have things due but i have no motivation to do them. The reason being is because a lot of things happened over the break that are fuckin me up mentally, emotionally, and physically. My gf stopped talking to me out of no where for no reason and i'm still sweating over it no matter how hard i try to shake it. I see her all the time and i just want to hold her but i hate her for what she did.

I was arrested in October and had court during the break and basically the things they are making me do are stressing me out to a breaking point that i never thought i had. on top of all of that, i have full time school, full time work, i've taken on new positions in my Fraternity that require a lot of time and effort and motivation. On top of all that, i'm at a major changing point in my life as i'm changing jobs and schools soon and i still don't know what i want to do in school.

I don't know what to do. I can't focus in school but i know that's what imporant. I can't let go of my responsibilities because i don't want people to know that i'm bothered and think that i cant take it. I'm hoping the shit in my head with my gf will go away and once i'm done with my arrest thing i will get better but it's been almost two months and i don't really want to live anymore. I'm just tired.. so tired all the time. I have the physical energy to do the things i need to do but im mentally and emotional exhausted. i don't want to think anymore. I listen to music nonstop cause its the only way i can get out of my head for a bit and cope.

i'm sorry to get off on a rant. i didn't mean to steal the thread. but i hope that i can get some advice with you instead of making a whole new thread.

9. Gaga

Gaga New Member

Music does help me aswell. I don't have breakfast in the morning or eat much at school, it happened it the holidays,when i was playing doom 3, i just lost, couldn't think or concentrate, Last year at school, i could concentrate really well.

10. dyslexic

dyslexic New Member

yea i know how you feel. Today in history class the teacher was talking and i was paying attention. But then after like 10 or 15 minutes i see that everyone around me has about a page of notes down and i dont remember hearing the teacher say anything important.

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: tho for me, it takes about a month :o...

i LIVE on routines, and i really hate change. :hs: heh, needless to say, i find it hard to get into a new routine.

christmas is an especially hard time for me. i go home (1500 miles away) and spend about a month there. it's easy going home, but i get into such a rut (and somewhat depressed) when i come back. :sad2:

maybe you'll get back into things if you do what i do? i try to stay busy... no matter what, do SOMETHING!

12. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

I agree usually takes me half the semester to get my shit together and by that time I'm already screwed. This semester I'm trying to take care of a lot of shit outside of school, so my classes just don't seem very important to me.

13. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

I am also having the exact same problem. Jus been a lot of crap goin on and I just cant get my shit together. Im really worried about this too because of my future, i really need to study and keep my head in the game. :hs:

14. Gaga

Gaga New Member

same, this is the time, start of year, if you miss this stuff your srewed, I'm going to rest all day tomarrow and see it that help it a bit.