Can't believe I'm making one of these threads V. Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by StuDLei, Oct 27, 2009.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Ill keep it short.

Gf is a worry wort. Always afraid of being preggo. Anyways, the last time we had sex was two weeks ago...maybe a day or two longer:mamoru: She had her period THE NEXT DAY. It was lighter than usual she said..and she's also been feeling hungrier lately(this has been going on for alot longer than two weeks as shes trying to watch what she eats).

Anyways, she's all paranoid about being preggo so shes going to buy two pregnancy tests(different brands). They should be accurate since its been two weeks right??

2. StuDLei

Oh, she takes a low dose of an anit depressant as well....can't remember the name of it...will that have an effect??

3. The Method

The Method Lurker In Progress

Why not tell her to go to the doctor, get checked out there, and while she's at it get some birth control...?

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

is she on any BC??

5. StuDLei

SHIT...yeah she's on BC guys. I think she's just wigging out..and now it's got me wiggin out

6. StuDLei

We are going to start using condoms on top of it..neither one of us wants a kid right now. She gets home from work around 1230 CST....she's going to take one test then and one in the morning.

7. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Eh, tell her to calm down. If she's been good about her BC, then I would say there's nothing to really worry about. And, if she's dieting, of course she's going to be hungrier than usual. Heck, I'm not dieting, and I'm hungrier than usual, and I'm just attributing it the change in the seasons and football season ;)

No need to wig out man!

8. StuDLei

She knows, but now we both just want to be sure:rofl: She reminds me of me so much sometimes(I am a huge worry wort as well). I'm not that concerned about this though. She had her period right after we had sex and she's on the pill and takes it at the same time everyday....... if she's having a baby he/she better be the next Wayne Gretzky(big hockey fans here!!):noes:

9. enzo

enzo New Member

So?

10. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

how old is she? the 1st year or two when I started having sex I was like that. Now I can miss my period for a whole month and not even think about it. :rofl:

11. spete

spete New Member

From spete's gf -

I kinda do the same thing, constantly freak out about it all. My guess is, like me, she takes the pill at the same time every day as well and never misses it.

When you go on the pill though, your periods do get lighter. Sometimes, they can be even lighter than normal. Occasionally a lighter-than-normal/expected bleed can indicate a pregnancy, but if this girl is anything like me, she's probably just being paranoid.

Also, if she's eating less/dieting, that can stop/slow down your periods too.

Just let her do the test cos it will make her feel better/will reassure her. But don't worry, it's highly unlikely that she's pregnant imo. Using condoms/not coming inside her + the pill together = almost no risk of pregnancy --> this might be a good idea for you guys if she's stressing all the time.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  12. spete

spete New Member

Also, from what I know, antidepressants (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors such as Aropax/Paroxetine for example) DON'T interact with the pill or affect how well it works.

St John's Wart (a natural therapy that acts as an antidepressant) DOES though.

My guess is she's probably taking an SSRI since they're most commonly prescribed (at least in Australia), so she's probably fine on that front.

13. StuDLei

Sorry I haven't updated guys. She took two tests over a couple days. Shes not pregnant:)

I appreciate all the replys

14. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

Also remember that if she's ever given an antibiotic, it might make the pill not work.

That's how three people I know got knocked up.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  15. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Our family Dr started saying that there might be new evidence to suggest that there is no correlation between BC effectiveness and antibiotics.

The best thing you can do is take the pill at the same time everyday, this is what ups it's success rate.

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Speaking of pregnancy tests, I signed up for those free pregnancy and ovulation tests here a few weeks back and still haven't gotten my shit.

17. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I read it's only like 1 or 2 different antibiotics that do it...but I'm not sure which ones. I always get a yeast infection on an antibiotic so I have to do monistat so no sex anyway.

18. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:rofl: who did knock you up viper?