A&P canon.txt

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 1.8, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 1.8

1.8 Guest

One tough mother of a workhorse! I have been to war and covered riots and military actions through out the world. I have been shot at hit by rocks in Israel dived out of the way of tracked vehicles and have lost some of my hearing from a rocket that landed near me all with eos 1 bodies in hand. Some dips in Iraq surrendered to me as I traveled through a bombed out bunker looking for some messed up soldiers to take photos of. I held my white 300mm like a gun and marched them back to some MP's. I know now why they call it "Canon"! Other than my cameras, I was unarmed! I saw a lot of guys with Nikon and Pentax equipment that fell apart on them. I could have been a Canon Rep. at the time because I conviced several press guys out there from just about every country that sent someone to cover the shield/storm war into dumping their unreliable junk. I spent several days hanging around the "campfires" left over from Iraqs' army that filled the air with so much smoke that was so dence that at times you couldn't see the sun in what should have been a sunny day. I still have trouble breathing from my time there but my eos 1 bodies managed to keep working with nothing more than a standard cleaning that is not unlike the regular cleaning everyone else does. Unfornatually I own one body that I keep as a paperweight on my desk. That one has a bullet hole through it and doesn't work anymore. This is common with all cameras that are struck by bullets. My first 300mm usm 2.8 saved me from serious injury by shielding my face while I was lying down shooting skirmishes in Lebanon from rocket schrappnel but was so badly dammaged that I had to get a new one. This is also common with lenses that become face shields from rocket blasts 10 feet away. I keep this lens above my fireplace today. Nikon learned a lesson as they saw more and more of their guys switching to Canon that they came out with the F5 body. I'd say it is at least as tough as any Canon these days but not nearly as reliable which is why I own two equal systems of both Canon and Nikon. I own the latest camera equipment but for some reason, I enjoy packing my well used eos 1 bodies whenever I'm called to a situation. My eos bodies of which I still use 1 on regularly has served me well for over ten years. Their lenses are not bad either. I like to use them more than the Nikons and I like their optics slightly better. I have had to replace several over the years but I am in situations that are more demanding than the worst situations field-sports photographers will ever face. 10 STARS!!

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

3. 1.8

1.8 Guest

:hsugh:

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

5. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

That one has a bullet hole through it and doesn't work anymore. This is common with all cameras that are struck by bullets.

:bowdown::rofl::bowrofl::bowdown:

6. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

dence is the new dense

7. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

too long; didn't read?

8. reman

reman New Member

I thought the .mil and .gov used Nikons.

9. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

toulouse lautrec; downloads rapidly