A&P Canon SX10is...please discuss.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LBFilmGuy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

I can get it on the Canon camera trade up deal for only $199...by trading in my almost 4 year old SD630.

I have read about it quite a bit, and in comparison to all other super zooms this is getting the best nods. Not quite a DSLR, but pretty damn close.

Hit it? :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Got one a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty awesome for something that's not a DSLR. I really liked it but it gave me the push to get a DSLR so I sold it to my sister today.

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Check out cameralabs.com for a review and there are threads about it on the forum. I really liked the CHDK which let you take picture in RAW along with the option to put whatever aperture you want at whatever zoom you are. Nice if you want to get some bokeh.

4. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

:werd:

That's what I am talking about. Cinematography is what I do so I want a nice camera that isn't too $$$ that allows me to play with DOF.

5. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

I bought one back in February and sold it 2 months back to my sister as well. It was a great starter camera but I've since moved up to a D40 w/ a couple of lenses.

For a P&S it's great but if you're paying going to pay full retail you might as well get a DSLR.

6. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

i hear it sucks

i had the canon S5 IS which was the 8mp and 12x optical version before that came out. i just sold it for $250 and the guy specifically said "he wanted to find the S5 because the SX10 was a piece of shit"

so i dunno dude

i remember holding the sx10 and it's very cheap feeling compared to the S5.

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

All those options made me want to buy a DSLR, it's the devil and I'm poorer because of it :wtc:

8. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

I haven't used the S5 so I can't compare the 2 but for a P&S I haven't come across one that was better than my old sx10is :dunno:

9. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

It'll be a nice step up from your camera, especially for the price, but I don't really dig the whole AA battery thing and the optics are kinda weak...especially zoomed in all the way...there's a lot of fringing. In the super zoom category i'd definitely go with the Pansonic Lumix FZ-35 over this but it also costs a couple hunderd more than what you'd pay for the canon.