Canon S40 or Sony DSC-P5??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by anto4114, Apr 28, 2002.

1. anto4114

anto4114 New Member

I have been looking at these two cameras.. does anyone have any good imput on them.. or have one of them and can tell me what they think??

2. Rick

Rick New Member

Check out www.dpreview.com if you haven't already. I'm not too fond of Sony cameras and would go with the Canon, personally.

3. KingsFanPaul

KingsFanPaul Guest

my p5 rocks

4. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

Sony stuff is hot imo, but with small digital cameras, I think canon is a lot better. The S40 is definitely better than the P5 (and even the 4mp version imo).. full manual mode puts an end to the debate in my book.

5. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

Get the Sony.

All the Sonys come with the accessories. I don't think the Cannon does... Hidden costs suck dick.

6. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

yeah right, sony cam comes with nothing...

7. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

Gimme some of the crack you're smokin.

Last year I bought my Sony digital camera. It came with EVERYTHING: Memory Stick, RECHARGEABLE Battery, Lens Cap, Charger, USB cable.

8. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

The canon comes with all the accessories you mentioned: it comes with a memory card, a rechargable battery, a charger, usb cable, (mine came with a TV out cable, dunno if the S40 does), it doesnt come with a lens cap, but then again its built into the body of the S40.
    I still think that the Canon is definitely better. On paper, the specs are better, the output pictures are better, and the Canon was every bit of a pleasure to use as the Sony.

9. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

so does my canon s110

if you compare low end model from sony, they come with nothing except for 4mb memory stick

and their memory stick are so expensive if you want to upgrade... also, 4mb stick isn't enought especially when they sell 3megapixel cam, and give 4mb, are you kidding me...