A&P Canon rebels?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by JollyR, Dec 14, 2003.

1. JollyR

JollyR Guest

I'm thinking about asking for a Canon Rebel for my b-day, and I was just wondering if they were good (the film kind, not digital), and what the different kinds were. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm new at photography, but I want to make it a hobby. I just want one that has a cheap price, but decent quality

2. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

im going to be very honest with you. the rebel ti looks cool and the rebel line in general is pretty darn cheap.

avoid it.

i used a canon eos rebel x for some years... and didnt really relize how limiting it was.

also, i generally advise to buy a used body and new glass... avoid the "package" deals that camera shops try ot sell you. my recomendation is for a canon eos elanII camera... much more advanced w/ more features then the rebel line. they run around $200 for the body used from keh.com or ebay.

for lenses, start w/ a new canon ef 50mm f/1.8 lens - they are $69 from www.adorama.com

3. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I disagree with the first response. I think the rebel is the perfect camera for a begginer. It's not too expensive and because of the auotmatic/manaul feature, it is a good tool to ease you into photography. Also, for the same reason, I think it's pretty versatile in that you can go out and shoot art with it one day, then take it on an outing the next, and hand it over to a friend to take a quick snapshot. That's especially useful brecause if you discover that you dont like your new hobby, you'll still have use for the camera

4. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

I agree. I got the Rebel 2000 for my birthday as a learning camera and it's great. Once you figure out what you're doing and what you want it to do it could be a great camera to have.

5. JollyR

JollyR Guest

thanks

6. mojito

mojito New Member

its an 'ok' camera. has all the basics for sure, but compare it to an elan series and theres no question which is better. The main difference is in the shutter and mirror. On the rebels, the shutter and mirror assembly is so poorly insulated it shakes the camera a lot, so in poor lighting conditions there will be definent camera shake, there by a blurred picture. You have to feel both of them side by side to really get this.

7. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

there are other threads regarding this camera

click on the search at the top right

8. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

The Elan 7 is great and can be used for professional photography, but I think this is a beginner camera. I plan to get the Elan in the future. A friend of mine is a pro photographer and she won't use anything but her Elan. Even her back up is an Elan. lol

9. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

i believe that if you think youre going to stick with this, better to spend a little more for the better equipment right of the bat... than spending X amount for the cheaper one and THEN spending MORE...

also the used higher end body route is another good idea!

10. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

No kidding. :rofl:

11. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

theres no limit to buying camera shiat :hs: