A&P Canon PowerShot A85 vs. S1

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AMan, Sep 23, 2004.

1. AMan

AMan ???????????

I just baught a Canon PowerShot A85. Its a 4.0 magapixel camera with a descent amount of features 3X zoom. While at the store, I also saw the Canon PowerShot S1. It has a 10x zoom and has some cool features, but its only a 3.2 magapixel resolution camera. Both are going for the same price. I still have a few days to exchange the A85 if I want. What do you think that I should do?

2. mojito

mojito New Member

A85 is smaller, so thats nice. Both use 4 AA batteries, not so great. The S1 IS is a good camera, a couple extra features like different metering modes. The main thing is the zoom and the fact its an image stabilized lens. But it is a larger camera. Best thing to do is just spend some time trying them all out

3. AMan

AMan ???????????

I don't mind the size thing. I guess what I'm getting at, is if you had a choice between 4.0 MP & 3X Zoom vs. 3.2 MP & 10X Zoom, what would you pick?

4. TenzoR

TenzoR She is hot hot hot

10X optical zoom

unless you are printing anything thats poster size then you don't need the higher megapixel. And with the S1 you get image stabilize which helps you zoom far

5. mojito

mojito New Member

you can't crop as much with a 3.2 to still do a 8x10, but with 10x zoom you wouldn't need to zoom as much.

I'd go with the S1 IS, just more versatile