A&P Canon G2 owners: best setting for action shots?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SnYpR808, Dec 25, 2002.

1. SnYpR808

SnYpR808 Guest

In a few days i'm gonna need to take pics at a sports event that's gonna be held in a gym. Any suggestions? TV, AV, P?

2. Mancini

Mancini Guest

Just got my G2 yesterday - $900 Canadian (roughly US $570). I won't be able to help you too much, as this is my first camera. I'm just playing with it right now. I took some action shots of my friends gas powered RC vehicle today. I noticed the shutter lag, even when I pre-focused. Otherwise, I'm really happy with the pics.

I look forward to hearing the other responses. I'll post a more useful thread, with pics, once I have some practice.

3. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

My dad has one nad I use it at hockey games alot. I go to the M setting, put the aperture on 2.5, the shutter speed on 1/200, and if it is action from more than 20m hit the button on the side and set the focus to infinite(this allows the camera to adjust 3x as fast when you hit the button to focus). If you are in a room with flourescent lighting make sure to put the white balance on flourescent or the pics will have a green tinge. GOOD LUCK.

4. Mancini

Mancini Guest

I will remember the focus to infinity trick. It's a good point and should come in handy in certain circumstances. I took some pictures at the office under fluorescent lighting and set the white balance to fluorescent, but I wasn't really happy with the results. I will play with the settings some more.