A&P Canon Elan 7?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by frinky23, Sep 29, 2003.

1. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

I'm looking for a camera that I (a relative beginner) can use, yet would still be excellent once I'm experienced. I would rather spend a little more now instead of replacing stuff later, so I was thinking about an Elan 7 with the 50/1.8 lens. How well would that work?

I would be using it mostly in full-auto mode to start but am going to be taking a photography class with my girlfriend, where I would learn how to take good photos in manual mode.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003
  2. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

excellent choice.

generally, i suggest that people in your shoes get a used slr and a new lens (50 f/1.8 cause its only $69) - and the body that i recomend is the canon eos elan II, which has been discontinued, but can be had for $175-225 on ebay or from keh.com

if u want a new in box camera, the elan 7 is a great camera, but dont spend the extra $$ for the "e" version of it that comes w/ the electronic eye control, its a waste, and dont be presured into buying they kit w/ the 28-90 lens, its a pos

3. Kronos

Kronos Guest

Kit lenses suck. it's a given. Definately stick with Canon or Nikon as many companies make lenses for them and used bodies are plentiful. If you're going new, the Elan 7 is good, also compare maybe the Nikon N80. If your GF has a Canon, you should get a Canon, then you can swap lenses.

4. Gutshot

Gutshot New Member

Good Camera, Good Lens, the 50mm 1.8 is super sharp. You wouldn't explect such great results from that much plastic. But for less than $70, its worth it. Stick with that prime lens for awhile until u are more comfortable with Av Tv and M modes on the camera, then explore zoom lenes

5. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Just picked up the Elan 7. I love it.