A&P Canon Digital Rebel XT

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Beeno, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Beeno

Beeno New Member

At best buy, they're 1099 canadian dollars, with a 1 gb memory card. Is it worth it? How come everyone prefers to order online? Also, are the prices going to drop anytime soon, seeing as the 30d came out? Thanks.

EDIT: Includes the kit lens.

2. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

3. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I love my 350D :wiggle:

4. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

Also, online stores often charge no sales tax, which can be a big difference in many states (5-8% or so). Not sure how sales tax goes in Canada, but isn't it VAT based - as in, it's included in the listed price?

5. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

tomash approved

6. Changed

Changed Guest

I've also decided to get the 350D... I think Im going to buy the 750$ kit and get the tripod/2GB memory card/ wide angle and telephoto lens seperate.

7. Beeno

Beeno New Member

No...we usually have to add another 15% to the listed price :wtc:

I found it for 799 (american) on Amazon.com (from Ace Digital Club). Hoping for a new camera soon :x:

8. Beeno

Beeno New Member

750?? From where?

9. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

Then it certainly isn't worth it. If Canada's going to tax you that much, tell them to screw themselves. Get it some other way.

10. Changed

Changed Guest

here is a link for $780: http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/pro...=cpc&utm_campaign=CNDRXT1855B&sku=CNDRXT1855B

the other place that offers it for $749 has a bunch of negative feedback, but a fellow OT'er actually received his XT from there. I would rather pay $30 more for a sense of security and gaurentee that you are going to get your shipment/ have good custmer service.

11. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I've been thinking of getting the XT also but don't know if I should commit to dslr yet. Not sure I need a "professional" camera for the stuff that I want to shoot.

Anyway, how would this camera be out of the box? IOW with just the lense that comes with it, accessories, etc.?

12. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

I sure as hell don't "need" a dslr, but that wasn't stopping me from looking. I'm hoping to get into the hobby and save myself the annoyance of having to upgrade next year if I take to it.

My choices came down to the D70(s) and Rebel XT. I went to a camera store, played around with both of them, and the D70 felt much more hefty and comfortable in my hand. The Rebel XT was just too small and I didn't want to HAVE to shell out for the battery grip.

As far as lenses, the kit lens on the D70 is better than the Rebel XT. That helped make my decision a bit easier (even though I ended up buying a D70 body sans kit lens). Of course neither of us will even notice the difference between these two cameras (assuming you're as new as I am to this shit, I'm coming from a four-year-old Kodak Easyshare camera).

13. Mr_Penut

Mr_Penut Elitist Member OT Supporter

you might get pwned with duty

be carefull :sadwavey:

14. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

$20 "sample" to bypass duties.