A&P Canon Digital Rebel SLR

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Monet, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Monet

Monet Guest

I'm excitied about the first digital SLR coming out this month under $1000. I think it retails for $800-900. Anyone get a sneak peek yet?

2. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

Havent used it yet... but it looks great for a consumer DSLR... I have the 10D, so I know I won't buy it... but it looks pretty nice if you dont require a magnesium aloy insides :) Or a few other features... I have a rebel film camera... and the feel should be similar... and it isnt too bad... just extremely light after using the 10D... but heavy cameras are cool.

3. Monet

Monet Guest

I love Canons. I have a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 as well as the new digital S400. Great pics. I like heavier cameras too but you just can't beat this price. Any problems with your 10D? Like it?

4. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

the photos and specs have been on canon's offical website for nearly 2 weeks now - http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel/index.html

there are reviews of it already on www.dpreview.com and www.iphotoforum.com

my thoughts? great for the photography community, still a rebel, which i can't stand

biggest downfaults from the userend, there is no 2nd command dial wheel for your right thumb... and this has always been the downfault of the rebel line of camera's. i know, i shot a rebel x for 6+ years before upgrading to an eos a2 and now have a 10d in my bag as well. same reason when people ask me to suggest an entry level slr i still suggest a used eos elan II over any of the rebel line

who's gonna buy it? those users who dont wanna shell out 1500 for a 10d plus glass... its those users who feel they need a wider lense selection then any of the consumer digital camera market can offer and who are frustrated to death w/ shutter lag