A&P canon a40 accessories

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by doogietang, Nov 26, 2002.

1. doogietang

doogietang FTW

Just bought a new Canon A40!!! I just wondering what extra accessoires should i get for it? i was thinking a rechargable battery pack? is there a battery pack for the a40? thanks if you can give some suggestations

2. Mancini

Mancini Guest

I'm presently considering this camera, myself. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but I'll be interested in the replies.

3. RacerX30

RacerX30 New Member

I just got a A40 myself, and it's great... As for what else to buy...there is no need for a special battery pack....it uses 4 AA's and if u get some 1800mah NIMH batteries they seem to last forever and mine came with a charger that charges them fully in less that 1 hour. You should get a bigger CF card off the bat, i went with a 128 mb one. Get a tripod, the a40 has great manual features allowing you to take upto 15 sec exposure shots...Other than what i mentioned i don't see a need for anything else to buy...unless you really need a better telescoping lens u can get the converter piece and the appropiate lens..

get the a40 i don't think you will regret it at all.

Hope that helped out ..

-G

4. Mancini

Mancini Guest

Have you done any printouts with shots taken from the A40? I have no experience with this. But, I was in a local shop this week and they had 5x7 and 8x10 (I think) glossy prints. To my untrained eye, the 5x7 was as good as film and the 8x10 was more than acceptable. They were so good in fact, that I am questioning if they actually used the A40 2MP to take them.

I've been looking at more expensive cameras too, but if the A40 prints that nicely on 5x7 there's no point in getting something more expensive at my level of interest.

5. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

get 2 sets of 4 1800mah nimh batteries and a fast charger, a case for your camera, and a large CF card, and your set.

6. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

since cf card, charger, and tripod have both been mentioned,i recommend getting the 52mm lens adapter and a polarizer lens. get a zoom, macro, or pano lens if u r gonna use em... get filters if u want. theres a lot out there..

www.a-series.com is the powershot a-series owners forum... click on 'another anfedelic trip' in my sig for photos

7. PJP

PJP Guest

hey i just got me a canon 140, thanks for the info, i got energizer rechargables and memory cards, thats about it.

8. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

get a tripod, it'll help with those long exposure or low illumination shots :)

9. doogietang

doogietang FTW

hmm... thanks guys... already got a 128mb cf card and my rechargable nimh is on the way!!! :)