A&P Canon 10D Press Release leaked!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TypeSDragoon, Feb 27, 2003.

1. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

2. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Bout time Canon fixed the downright shitty AF on the D60. Now the D10 and compete with the D100 :fawk:

3. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

it's 10D ! not D10 :p

4. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

5. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Yeah I just read about the price drop...I think Nikon will drop D100 prices accordingly. Be aware of Ritz though...I intiallly placed my order there as well. There were numerous horror stories about how they just kept pushing orders back and didn't ship in the order they were recieved etc.

I think Canon has a real winner on its hands with the 10D. If I hadn't bought my D100 I'd probably get a 10D...but then again I don't like the Canon setup :o.

6. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

OK after reading the specs. and preview:

Nice job with the new AF...should be OK in low light even with only a .5EV minimum.

NICE job with the magnesium body...sure it adds weight but I'd want a more durable camera.

Still only +-2EV for exposure compensation and bracketing :(.

I was really hoping that they would use the 1D sensor but they stayed with the D60 1.6x sensor. Its a great sensor but it's still 1.6x. :(

AF assist only in the form of strobing the flash :(.

Extended ISO range is a nice touch.

No USB 2.0 or Firewire :(

Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal...except for the FUCKING 1500 PRICE TAG. Now that is impressive :bigthumb:.

Oh yeah, I think B&H is accepting 1500 dollar preorders by phone so I'd cancel the Ritz order and order at B&H instead.