A&P Canon 10D... is this good?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ittech, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ittech

ittech "If You're Not Part of the Solution, There's Good OT Supporter

Looking at getting this Camera setup, is this a good price...?

Canon EOS-10D, slightly used 1 month old (5000 shots)
    Includes camera body, neck strap, one battery, battery charger, software, documentation
    Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
    Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
    Canon BP-511 Extended Battery
    Canon BP-511 Extended Battery
    Canon BG-ED3 Battery grip w/vertical shutter release
    Canon CR-560 Automotive-lighter battery charger

all that for $2950...

Or, I could go the cheap route and get a new Digital Rebel and accessories for $1300...

Same cmos sensor in the digital rebel 300D and the 10D...

The real question is, do you think the EF series f/2.8L lenses are a real quality difference over the 4.something that comes with the rebel?

either way both cameras are :cool: I just don't want to waste $1500 or so if i'm not getting a LOT for it.

2. Tex

Tex Now with avatar™

My magic 8 ball says hell yes! You realise what you're effectively asking is "are Canon's premium quality lenses any better quality than the cheap plastic kit lens?"? :rofl: ;)

The kit lens that comes with the 300D has a max aperture of f/3.5, btw, unless they've changed the spec since I bought mine. But I think it's fairly safe to assume without doing any tests that the L lenses will stomp all over the kit lens, no question. I'm no expert, but I'd be amazed if this wasn't the case.

As far as that whole setup goes, I can't tell you how good that price is, because I haven't priced all of those extras, and my brain only works in AUD. ;) The 10D sure is a nice camera, though, and the battery grip etc. would be nice...

3. elmie

elmie New Member

The "L" lenses are the pro for Canon. You sure the pricing is right?
    Dunno 'bout you americanos. But the 10D body alone is $1900 CDN and the 24-70 L is $2150. I wouldn't get the 70-200 L without IS. Dish out the extra $800 for it, its well worth it. Once again my prices are in Canadian. If the $2950 USD is right, than hellya go for it.

4. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

good price.

5. ittech

ittech "If You're Not Part of the Solution, There's Good OT Supporter

Cool... I don't know about the IS though because this is all a package from a photographer who was at an event i was at and his nikon died, and he couldn't pickup a nikon anywhere locally they were out so he got the canon setup... Everything he does is nikon and he has all nikon lenses and accessories so now that he's done covering the event he doesn't need it and is willing to give it up for a deal.

maybe i can get it for less without the 70-200, but i bet he wants to get rid of it too being a nikon guy...

6. Tex

Tex Now with avatar™

Fuck it, that price seems good (bearing in mind I haven't worked it all out) for all that gear, those lenses ain't cheap... If it's coming as a package I'd be inclined not to worry about the IS too much. :)

7. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

price seems good, get it :)