Cannot lose any weight..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chips, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chips

chips ...

well so far iv been working out for over a month alot of cardo 45-1 hour aday then lifting weights.. low weight high reps.. and I just keep bouncing around up and down 6-9 pounds.. and Im watching what I eat... to the point where I lose energy at point during the day..

any help... ?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

what do you eat

3. chips

chips ...

morning bagel, and yogertat 11am ish gonala bar 300pm ish lunch like subway or a salad form sonic..or I may get grilled chicken and rice7pm then a snack of dryed fruit.9pm then gym at 11-1

4. SquirtRussel

SquirtRussel OT Supporter

surprised someone spelled lose right for once

5. Ceaze

is that the all-carb diet

6. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

The important thing is if you are healthy. You don’t need to be super skinny to have someone in your life. I think what the important thing for you to focus on is getting yourself to be at a healthy weight for yourself. Cutting down on sweets, calories and daily exercise may not make you have your ideal weight, but it most certainly will make you a lot healthier. Things are easier said then done, but the truth is you need to do this not only for your self-esteem but also for your health. Discipline yourself and get into an exercise program. Trust me, I know it will be hard! Especially if you don’t see the results you want to right away but it will take time so you need all the will power you have.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

bagels are too calorie dense...

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Nothing is too calorie dense if you control your portions.

To the original poster: Are you actually tracking what you eat on paper or in an online journal? You're probably binging or eating more than you think you are.

You need to up your protein.

9. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

I would suggest eating 1: 1-3 apples a day to speed up metabolism 2: Higher weight to be lifting (muscle tissue burns calories) and 3: cut all enriched sugars and flour in your carbs. Other than that, you're workin' hard, keep it up! :)

10. Ceaze

that won't speed up your metabolism, but it will increase your calories consumed

11. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I got a job outside and I continued to eat the same thing I did before (I'm trying to cut a little before bulking) but instead of losing 1-2 lbs this week I lost 6 lbs :wtc:

12. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Apples don't speed up your metabolism.

Enriched sugars and flours don't make you fat. Excess calories do. It's just easier to binge on yummy stuff, therefore people tend to overdo them and then blame those foods for their lack of self control.

13. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

This thread is a clusterfuck of knowledge. Good thing ceaze is here to dumb things down.

14. chips

chips ...

Im not over eating on anything.. i dont think im eatting a small admount per meal. and i do need to burn fat.. im at 308 as of today

15. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

You aren't eating a whole lot, but honestly, your diet is shit. You need to be aiming for 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat, or something along those lines. Also, at your size, you need to be eating at least 1500 calories a day, if not significantly more. With what you said you ate it is tough to get an idea of the number of calories without the portion sizes. Count your calories for a week to get an idea (use fitday.com) and always make sure to weigh yourself in the morning after you take a piss so that you don't get as much fluctuation.

16. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Stop thinking and calculate your calorie intake and your energy expenditure.

17. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

:rofl: im choking :rofl:

18. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

50 pro 30 carb 20 fat...

19. Accord

Accord New Member

You need to be lifting heavy, low weight high reps won't do shit for you in the muscle department other than give you a lame cardio workout. Muscle is one of the best fat burners out there, the more muscle you have the more fat you'll burn and the higher your metabolic rate will be. I lost 80 pounds by lifting heavy 3x per week and I always planned my cheat meals so they'd take place right before leg day (I don't recommend you having any cheat meals at this point though). It's also important to lift heavy so you can keep as much LBM as possible and don't end up looking like a twig with bags of loose skin when you do in fact lose all the weight you need to lose. Tons of people who end up losing a lot of weight end up going from big and fat to skinny and fat, lifting heavy from the beginning will prevent this.

As far as your diet, you need to be eating way less carbs and way more protein, but others in this thread have already touched on that.

My diet was nothing special, I merely followed the 10 calories for every 1 pound you weigh rule and 1.5g of protein for every 1 pound you weigh rule, and I used the glycemic index and choose my foods wisely and picked the foods with the the lowest GI, then just broke it up into 5 daily meals and I was good to go and consistently lost fat every week.

20. chips

chips ...

whats a good source of protein?

21. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Meat, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese, whey protein...

Sounds like you need to basically educate yourself about protein, carbs and fat.

22. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Though actually, high-rep stuff is a factor in many fat loss lifting programs :wiggle: for that very reason.

23. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

do not understand the food pyramid?

take some time to read the stickies and the archives.....

24. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

fixed...

heavy weights trick your body into keeping the muscle while shedding maily fat....otherwise muscle is lost at a faster rate

25. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Shut up, fatty. What the hell do you know about lifting? You can't even do a proper back double bi. :mamoru:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.