SRS cannot get this out of my mind

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mojo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

its been roughly half a year since i saw this video. it was based in China where the man held the dog in mid air by its neck (choking him/her) and then taking a knife and cutting it right through his neck down while the dog was still alive. just hearing that dog cry for its life makes me want to kill the people involved in that video. shit pops up in my head whenever i hear or read the word "abuse", "animal cruelty", or "peta". not that i go out of my way to think of this but it just came upon me earlier tonight while i was browsing the forums (another site) and saw a thread where some kid abused his cat. so whats there to do to help make this thought/image disapear?

2. amac88

amac88 New Member

If you feel that strongly about it, maybe join an anti-animal cruelty group or help out at an animal shelter? Not an extremist one like PETA, but theres plenty of others who legitimately want to help animals.

3. Daria

Daria New Member

I know this sounds kind of stupid, but I just keep thinking about the image over and over, even if it's painful to think about. Eventually my brain just stops letting me think about it (ie. hard to focus on the mental image) or the intense feelings I have toward the image fade.

It would be possible, I think, to just not think about the image anymore. However, I think it's better to deal with your emotions as soon as possible to avoid getting any repressed anger/emotions.

The most important thing to keep from that experience is to remember how you felt and to realize just how serious animal cruelty is to you. You can then use those feelings to make a change (ie. donations, volunteer work) to help the cause.

4. chrissponias

chrissponias New Member

This was really a sad experience. You won’t be able to forget it easily. The fact that it shocked you was very good though, because this means that you are sensitive. Other people simply ignore barbarous actions like the one you mentioned here. At least you are a human being.

I agree with the suggestion of XtremeCatera. You should help and protect all animals, since this experience remained in your mind.

I feel the same way about all animals, and I’m even vegetarian, exactly because I understood how cruel it is to kill an animal that could live, in order to eat it! I think that this is barbarous too.

I think that besides caring for all animals, you should do everything you can in order to put an end to violence in our world, because what is torturing you is the violence you saw against the poor animal.

5. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

I can't think of a better reason to kill an animal.

But fuck those faggots who think it's great to be cruel.

6. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I hate that animal abuse shit. I remember I saw one video where some dumbass russian guy kept throwing a brick at a dog that was leashed to a bike rack. I wanted to find that guy and throw the fucking brick at his face. If I think about it I can still hear that poor dog crying.

Some fucked up piece of shit people out there.

7. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

sounds to me like you had a traumatic experience simple things like that can do that to you. I would suggest therapy

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What you need to do is stop wanting to forget it, just let the image flow freely, because the more you repress it the more the brain wants to process it. So by letting it go you set yourself free.

The only thing you can do is 'not' wanting to be like that. The problem is that, whenever we experience something negative from our enviroment we become negative like that bad enviroment. So what we need to do is steer away from these kind of experiences and shovle all the negativity out of our lives. If you see it you want to kill people, meaning you degrade yourself to a lower level as a result of another persons negativity, and this is something that you should not allow to yourself to happen (although i know this is very difficult) , when you experience something negative , refuse to become negative yourself and keep staying positive for the simple reason that you don't want to become like that yourself.

What the man did was gruesomely horrible beyond words, no doubt. I myself watched the documentary 'how man treats its animals' and yes more chinese people who threw a cat into boiling water, and then skinned it, saying 'look its still alive' and then beating it with a stick to death. As a advent cat lover and vegetarian i can assure you that i was 'not amused', and it went on and on with snake heads being cut of with scissors, and so on.

Chinese people treat animals like trash or just food, they use their excuse of poverty (maby rightfully :sad2:) to eat basically just everything, like cow intenstines, pork, cats ,dogs. When you grow up eating meat it feels like 'normal' but it isn't normal at all. In western countries the bio industry isn't any better tho, we kill by the billions, humanity as a whole as a lot to learn about good animal treatment, only in holland there is a political party that protects the animal rights. People should be encouraged to eat vegetables and protect the lives of animals. I know it feels bad, but please don't become a person you do not want to be as a result of it. :hs:

9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

schmitty101, I saw that one as well and that was just as bad as the military/army soldier throwing that puppy off the cliff (was that even real?).
    Well, I love dogs and have plans to raise one so I think that's why I was more "sensitive" toward the dog videos.
    As far as joining a group, I feel its ineffective at some point because its impossible to prevent owners abusing their pets. If EVERYONE can think positive as Darketernal mentioned, we would be a much happier world but its not gonna happen unfortunately (IE: myself)
    I wish I could become a veterinarian but funds for school/practice in that field is not gonna happen. I do have an interest for law enforcement with a BA degree in Criminal Justice. What type of occupations are there as far as law enforcement and animals go? I live in California if it matters.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There are police dog trainers, you might want to have a look into that.

11. iSnipeCattle

iSnipeCattle OT Supporter

I saw some things of the sort on a website called 'encyclopedia dramatica. are you offended?'
    A large collection of animal abuse/dead people pictures and .gifs.
    I couldn't stop my self from viewing more and more.
    curiosity got the best of me.
    A few of the kitten-abuse pictures just broke my heart... I feel sick every time I think about it.