cannot connect to a certain router

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TysonLee, Nov 25, 2006.

1. TysonLee

TysonLee New Member

my laptop connected to this router fine just a couple days ago. NOTHING was changed. well i came into work this morning and it will not connect. whenever i click on "view available networks" or whatever that is, it shows the router i want to connect to. when i click connect it just keeps saying "aquiring network address". never connects. my laptop connects to other networks just fine. its just this one network. the router and the DSL modem have been reset numerous times trying to remedy this problem. someone help!

2. TysonLee

TysonLee New Member

bump. anyone have any ideas? im connected to a router that is not giving me very good signal and the internet is running slower than dial up. its driving me insane. help!

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Can other machines connect to this router? Have you tried deleting the profile for the wireless connection and then re-setting it up?

4. TysonLee

TysonLee New Member

yes other laptops can connect to this router and/or modem. let me see if i can figure out how to delete the profile and reset it up

5. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

If you are using Windows to manage your wireless, right click on My Network Places, right click on the wireless connection, click the wireless network tab, delete the profile, and have it re-search.