A&P Canal Park, Duluth MN C&C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Drunken Karnie Midget, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

[​IMG]
    2 I fucked up bad with this one... tried to grab a couple/few quick shots of the boat itself... used my on-board flash... too far to light up the boat, hence the heavy post, and VERY old school look. :hs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6. Everything from here down was from the day before. It was drab as hell that there wasn't much difference between color and b/w... so i went with the b/w in post.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

5 is pretty cool.

A pet peeve of mine, is when people post multiple pictures of the same subject. I'd understand if it were composed differently, but for the most part, it bugs the shit out of me.

Just my .02

3. Drunken Karnie Midget

4 and 5 are almost entirely pure camera. Slight bright/contrast adjustment on each, and a crop... as for the same subject, and near identical composition, is because they both turned pretty well, and i had a hard time choosing which one to post.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. percent

percent deluded

:werd: you gotta choose your best angle before you post.

4 and 5 were both cool.

I really like 7 though i can see others thinking its boring. It would have been a better shot without the strip of land on the left side of the horizon. It distracts my eye from the wave crest.

1,3,8 have no clear focus area or are simply out of focus.

2 does look old if you're going for that, but isnt framed well.

6,9,10 lack contrast. The top of that concrete thing in the water blends into the shoreline and breaks up any definition the shape had. Perhaps a green or red filter could bring it out some...or just shoot it color...or shoot a better angle.

5. Drunken Karnie Midget

I debated that with 7, whether or not to crop it in close, or leave it wide... i opted for the latter to give a sense of vastness to the lake, though i can see the benefits of cropping it in close. 3... well i had a hard enough time just getting my eye to the viewfinder (awkward position w/ the tripod, and a sharp angle) let alone actually focusing right :hs: I'll go back out there over the next couple of days (with luck i'll have a bit of sun to add some vibrancy to the area that was lacking yesterday. There's a couple of other angles on that building (the half sunken one in the water) that'll be far more interesting than what i had time for when i shot 6, 9, and 10. Thanks for your thoughts. :bigthumb: