A&P Canada Day long weekend camping

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ok_computer, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Today was Canada Day, so everyone got it off work. Me and a couple friends also managed to get Monday off, all through various lies to our jobs :mamoru:. Anyway, we ended up with a 4 day long weekend. The weather was PERFECT, around 24-29C all weekend, and we decided to go camping. Being a long weekend, no one had any spots left, so we decided "fuck it, lets just go drive into the mountains, hike for a bit, and set a tent up by some cool river or something." So that's basically what we did. We found some logging road that seemed really remote, we didn't see any other cars after driving on it for 2 hours. It was a really narrow, dirt road that we couldnt go faster than 35km/h on. Before we left we borrowed my friend's dad's GPS, and bought 2 really detailed maps of the area, showing elevation, creeks, streams, etc etc.

We found a nice space to park a little off the road so as to keep clear of the road in case any trucks came by, and also to be a bit more inconspicuous just because we're pretty sure you're not technically allowed to just set up a tent in the middle of the wild, in a National Park. So we found the spot, took about 30 mins transporting our gear through the river (which was fucking COLD. your feet hurt after crossing it once.. it was very uncomfortable the first few times), and we set up our tent on the bank of a really nice river in the middle of some trees.

Some of these shots are kind of snap-shotty but OTAP is my OT (no sub), so I figure I might as well share stories as well as pics in here, I'm sure no one minds :o

Packed up my friend's brand new Mazda 3, what better way to break it in than to go into a remote, bumpy road in the mountains rite? :hsugh:
    ps: in 3 days, we consumed 48 beers and a 40 of vodka. the vex belonged to a broad I brought along :naughty:
    [​IMG]

First casualty of the trip came about 1.5 hours in on the highway
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ghetto gas station we stopped at to pee. They didn't even have a bathroom, just an outhouse out back, classy :hsugh:
    [​IMG]

Hinton, AB
    [​IMG]

Holy fucking ideal roadtrip road :bowdown: It was awesome, wish my friend's car was faster, and we werent carrying a tone of gear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mountain goats at some old train tracks by a giant lumber mill
    [​IMG]

Awwwww goatah awwww
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped a few times just to hike around and explore a bit. There were some AMAZING views, and no one else in sight. It was cool to be in such a remote place. Here is previously mentioned broad with her Canon :greddy:
    [​IMG]

My best friend since grade 6, wearing one of many custom shirts we make. This one has a stereotypical chinese dude complete with funy triangle hat. It gets some pretty funny looks sometimes :rofl:
    [​IMG]

Yours truly,
    [​IMG]

No checkstops out here amirite :hsugh:
    But really we had stopped by this point, no DUI for Ross
    [​IMG]

This was the spot we decided on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She kept swallowing bugs so figured this would stop it
    [​IMG]

Like I mentioned earlier, the river was WAY too fucking cold to sit in for more tha a few seconds, but it was perfect to wake us up every morning by jumping in it :bigthumb: Don't mind my friend caressing my back, he can't keep his hands off me :ugh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She got in on the action too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

mmm yes please
    [​IMG]

So after the one night in the wild, we decided to try to get into a non-reservable site at a campground we stayed at last summer. It's super cheap, and located on the most PERFECT drinking river ever. It's really nice, warm, calm, and awesome for just chilling in and having a couple dozen beers :hsugh: We got the last spot, the person that left it had left so recently that their fire was still smoking, it was perfect timing on our part.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am looking haggard at this point :naughty:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I wasn't completely wasted I probably wouldn't have risked by camera being so close to water.. but I was completely wasted :bigthumb:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend. Happy Canada Day,
    Dylan

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

cool pics; i need to road trip more. :o

3. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

thanks, it was a really great time.

i think we're going back next weekend *just* for shooting. there was an amazing abandoned railroad leading to an abandoned coal mine that we didnt have time to stop for, crazy awesome pics to be had there, surely.

4. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

Looks like a good time. :coold:

I'd clone the shit that's in the sky in this picture. It's a cool shot.

[​IMG]