Canada crew: Heres your 2nd chance, Infamous for $39.99 at Best Buy this week!

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by JakobwithaK, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

For those who missed out on best buys summer deals where Infamous was $30, well its $40 this week until Thurs and if you price match it at Future shop you can get extra $2 off making it $38. :naughty:

ALso the trade in value for it is a whopping $42 right now at Blockbuster if any of you are wanting to get rid of yours.

2. hellodon

hellodon

Great game. Great price! Get if it ya dont have it.

3. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

:werd:

4. roose

roose Guest

rental only, imo

5. JakobwithaK

I agree with you, replay value is pretty much zilch once finished. But its great for the collection of PS3 exclusives :naughty:

6. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i beat it 3 times :dunno: its just fun going through once with each power atleast

7. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

beat it twice. great game, worth a buy. better than anything 360 has to offer.

8. JakobwithaK

:rofl: This game is way too linear for me to even want to go through it more than once. Still good game but totally lacks replay value and the side missions are repetitive as hell, I eventually just stopped doing them completely. :noes:

9. hellodon

hellodon

Back in the day I used to play beat em up games like Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2...and I'd play them over and over - even though I beat them a shit load of times - they were just fun to play. Like, for some reason it was fun to button mash and beat the piss out of dudes even though it was the same thing every time.

To me - being able to have fun playing the game is what replay value is all about...and inFamous is the first game that came along in a while where its fun to play like that. I really had fun fighting in that in the same way I had fun fighting in those old games.

It's weird how the definition of "replay value" has changed since then. Back in the 8-bit/16-bit days we had much shorter games - but if they were fun - we'd play them over and over and over even though nothing changed each time - nowadays it seems like the only thing considered "replayable" is if you can get a different ending or play a different way the next time...I rarely finish a game even once these days because they're all so damn long...but I finished inFamous and actually played again just because I enjoyed the gameplay...its a rarity these days

10. vicious151

vicious151 OT Supporter

werd I remember playing after burner and shinobi for the original sega like a shit ton of times and each time was hella fun. Games just aren't the same anymore but there that select few, I will definitely pick this game up when I get around to purchasing a PS3.

11. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

this