Can you use Mothers Back to Black for the dash?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by StealthMode, Jan 27, 2006.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Just curious since my dash is black and all, and I don't have anything for it exactly, so I am just curious if anyone has used it for that purpose.

2. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Never heard anything though, I wouldnt do it though just use like armor all or I actually think turtle wax or one of those companies has some decent stuff that ive used for the dash, its in a green bottle I think its called like F21 protectant.

3. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Here is a pic of it:

[​IMG]

4. StealthMode

Ok, thanks, I'll just do that then.
    Is it a real shiny look to it? I'd prefer just a deep black clean look over having it all shiny an stuff. :dunno:

5. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

It makes it like real black, but it also gives it a nice little shine to it. The only reason I dont like it is because of the scent..but see what you think....

There are other products on the market that is just the last one I tested out....I believe meguiars has some good stuff and armor all isnt bad either.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd go with regular Armor All. It has been reformulated and it now water based. It adds some shine but not like the oil based products. If you want to order something that has a bit less shine, then Optimum's Protectant Plus ( http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumprotectant.html ), which I believe is also carried by www.exceldetail.com

If you want no shine at all, just a new look, then try Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer.

7. StealthMode

I'll give Armor All a try once and if it shines too much, off to meguiars.

You guys have any experiance with Back to Black by chance? I bought it for my exterior bumper trim and stuff, as they are not quite as dark as they used to be. Harder to clean as well.

8. PhantomGT

PhantomGT New Member

F21 is good stuff. Back to Black is just crap, I really am not impressed with it.

9. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Ive used it before on my grand cherokee with plastic trim and it looks good until it rains..it will streak when it rains.

10. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

be careful when dressing interior dashes, consoles, and door panels. the dressing attracts dust, and if you miss a spot, it shows.

Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer is what I use, but if you must have a deeper black, Stoner's Trim Shine is mild:
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/stn-91034.html

11. StealthMode

Well screw that then... Any trim dressing that has give my front an rear lip (textured, on a 2002 Jetta) a nice black look again that won't streak?