GUN Can you tell I am carrying? *pics*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Infrastructure, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Infrastructure

Infrastructure New Member

I bought a concealment holster from www.donehume.com for an XD40. Rides on the right side, open top H721 O.T. Maybe I need to wear larger shirts to conceal it more? Or is my spare tire making it stick out farther and more noticable? :fawk:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A&P Ace

A&P Ace New Member

I always think mine makes a buldge, but people might think you have one of those bags that you pee into. Cant spell the name of it.

You might want to try a in the waist holster if that one sticks out too far. I have a galco holster, but its for a Kahr K40 so theres not as much to conceal.

3. Furner

Furner New Member

colostomy bag???

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Really tough to tell in a pic unless you're trying to hide a handcannon. The test is moving around, crouching to pick up something off the floor, sitting down at the table, reaching for your wallet, etc.

Best i can really offer is the last pic makes it look like your belt is sagging. Suck it in another notch to get it nice and tight against your body or look into a belt made to support the weight of a pistol like Galco's

5. insanity911

insanity911 AHAHAHAHAH

in that last pic.. definately :)
    i think uncle mikes sells a hard normal looking belt used for conceal purposes so it wont sag as much

6. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

You also might want to look into an IWB (inside the waist band)

I have a IWB Sidearmor for my Glock 27, IMO it's the best carry holster on the market. They make one for your XD40
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the link to their site:
    www.sidearmor.com

7. A&P Ace

A&P Ace New Member

Thats it, people might think you have one of those if they see a buldge. Unless they can obviously see the print of a gun in your shirt.

8. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Sidearmor is great stuff, Patricia is a great person. She can be found over at glocktalk all the time (she is a moderator there). Also, in case you didn't know about it there is an XD/HS2000 forum, www.hs2000talk.com

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, i could tell there was something there, but not what it was. usually, when properly concealed, only the trained eye will be able to spot the odd shape, and even then, it's hard to identify as a pistol. IWB holsters help a ton, and once you're used to them, are more comfortable. they'll catch on less, and won't stick out of the bottom of your shirt. just standing up, it hardly prints at all, but sitting or bending over could be a totally different story, especially depending on your shirt. one thing to consider about IWB holsters is that you'll have to buy pants that are at least one, more likely two or more, sizes larger to accomodate your added girth. just learn to tighten your belt when you go somewhere in which you can't carry. tshirts generally print worse than anything else for your body type. button-up and polos are usually easier to do, just because of the way that they're cut and fit.

10. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

also, put the knife in your other pocket :o

its backup, put it where your weak hand can get it.

11. sushibug

sushibug :happysad:

two days ago at the local gun range i saw the cashier had a colt45 cocked and locked in plain sight. also had his knife in the front pocket on the same side. so cool looking. too bad california has shitty CCW issues.

12. Car54

Car54 Member

nope.. i wouldnt even give you a second glance. It pokes out a little bit when I study your photo, but on the street, or even if I WAS looking to see if you were carrying, it could be any number of things.. pager, pocket knife (some people still carry them on their belts) ect.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  13. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

Ditto.

14. Infrastructure

Infrastructure New Member

DOH! I didnt even think of switching it to the left pocket now that I have a concealment holster on the right side. thanks...

15. Thunderbear

I'm glad you posted that, as a matter of fact.. I decided on a XD9801 subcompact because of it.. your weapon would look massive on me no matter where I put it. For CCW purposes as well as personal/home defense, I think it will serve better than the larger. Thanks.

16. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

if your knife has an ambidextrous thumbstud, practice opening it with your weak hand. my kershaws don't, but with the assisted opening, i can open them left-handed. and their studs are reversible, so i could make them lefty.

17. Thunderbear

I'm a weirdo, I shoot lefty, but I'm right handed with a blade. my plan is to wear the XD SOB or Superman.