Can you still download Win7 RC1?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by negative zero, Aug 14, 2009.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I can get to the site and choose 64 Bit English but the download never starts. Just the little spinning circle. :hsd:

I can't find my DVD and I need to reinstall Win7 because I got a new mobo and cpu. :sadwavey:

Any legit mirrors?

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

dunno what to say, I just tried on the MS site and it's downloading now for me.
    What browser are you using? Any chance it's a firewall problem? Did you get the prompt to install the active x for their download manager?

3. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I bet you are right. I was using Chrome at home. I'll try it again tonight with IE.
    thanks

4. negative zero

negative zero New Member

BTW, hasn't MS released (not sure if they were leaked) newer builds after the initial Win7 RC1 release? I could have sworn I've seen newer builds mentioned in the past few months but didn't bother to download them just because I wasn't planning on re installing windows. I just want to get the latest build of the RC1.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

RC1 will be available from TechNet for another week and then the download link will be pulled. You can still get the CD keys after that though. Not sure why it isn't working for you.

6. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

They've moved past RC1 on to RTM, which is released to manufacturer. You won't be able to download that one legally because it's the final.