Can you still custom order a vehicle like you used to be able to do? v.gm

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RyRy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

We're getting two different stories from two different dealers... one says yes the other says no. I know when I worked for the one dealer a few years ago you could. This is about a 4wd Yukon or Tahoe. I just want Silver Birth paint, two rows of Graphite leather bench seats, possibly a moonroof, and for sure: remote start, abs, xm, onstar, steering wheel radio controls and fog lights on an LS/SLE or LT/SLT.... I don't see what the big issue is. :dunno: Dealer is saying the big issue is the fact I refuse to get the buckets and the only way to get leather benches is with a 2wd which I cannot have living back in the country off paved roads.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well I think you'll haggle a better deal if you go bucket seats and take what they have on the lot... However, if you go to a big GM dealership that does fleet sales, they CAN order it for you.

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I couldn't stand the cloth seats in my Suburban EVERYTHING and ANYTHING stuck to them like the seats were made out of super glue and I'm very easy on my rides and the bucket seats tend to make me less comfortable then the bench does, even in my previous LTZ Taco and my b/f's Escalade. I had to lint roller the things every day or so just so it wouldn't look trashed... I should post the pics now that a family with 8 kids owns the thing... I about died the last couple of times they paid me to detail it. I charge them $35.00 just for washing the thing it's so bad. :eek3:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea thats why I suggested leather buckets -- which is VERY easy to find.

Otherwise if you must have a cloth bench, call around... if you can't find it, a fleet delealer can order.

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Cloth bench is a last option... I really want leather bench. We are going to visit some dealers in KC this weekend or next to see what we can find, we just hate to not get it from the dealer we normally buy from since we tend to go thru personal and work vehicles fairly often and they always give us good deals. Oh yeah I almost forgot to say thanks for you help!!!

6. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

You can still custom order unless something has changed in the past year or two.

7. mspainter

mspainter New Member

General Motors does still allow you to custom your vehicle how you want it.

8. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

It has been confirmed!