Can you explain this?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MP525i, May 1, 2006.

1. MP525i

MP525i New Member

this may be a thread for the psychology buffs but it has to do with my g/f and i.

everyone has bad days. on those bad days you get real short with everyone and everything. when my g/f has one of those bad days, she gets really short with me and easily frustrated.

now when she gets like this i only try and help her out. i try and keep the cool and level head while she's flustered and freakin' out. in turn, i feel as though i'm not doing any good to help her and as a result i get mad (sometime even more-so than her).

any tips as to how i should handle the situation when my g/f fly's off the handle? i'm only trying to help and i always get frustrated and mad with/at her.

thanks everyone.

2. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, maintain your cool, realize not to take things personally, and try not to be her therapist. Have a drink. Tell HER to have a drink. Tell her to go hang out with her friends. Tell her to call a friend. Whatever, just don't set a prescedent for letting her treat you like crap.

Don't be her emotional punching bag, basically, and don't lose your cool over it.

3. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Don't try to "fix" things. Mostly we just want to vent and find that our SO's are safe (if our friends aren't available).

4. darnit

darnit New Member

QFT!!
    My wife had to sit down an explain this to me.. I have a new mantra thanks to her " I can't fix everything", " I am allowed to listen and not do".

5. foad

foad New Member

Well.. I dunno about that stuff.. but when I have bad day's my SO likes to tickle me until I smile. Hate it when she does that.. but everything turns out in the end.

As for you.. If you SO is having issues... just tackle her to the ground and tickle her to death. Don't analyze her.

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Does she treat you poorly during these episodes? If so, don't tolerate it, tell her she has to stop. If she doesn't, leave.

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

yup... when i get pissed, he tries to help me out as well. sometimes i just need to be angry in peace :hs:. if i'm on the phone with him (ld), i'll tell him i have to go. i don't want to be a bitch to him... he's amazing.

if she doesn't give you the option of leaving, take yourself outta the situation.

8. PsillyJim

PsillyJim death to zionists

Leave her at home and go do things with your friends. That will stop that bullshit real quick.