Can you become lactose intolerant when eating clean??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by texchef, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texchef

texchef Guest

Cause fucking wow. I had some melted motz cheese on some turkey deli meat and I immediately (within 30 min) got awful gas and stomach rolls. It wasn't even that much cause I pulled it from a sammich I made on a piece of equipment my company makes.

I then noticed I got the similar feeling this morning when I had my Kashio Go Lean crunch in 2%. Not as bad a straight cheese but I had belly similar belly growls and gas.

Makes me not want to have any dairy if I'm gonna be blowing ass all day at work.

2. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Lactose intolerance isn't diet dependent.

3. texchef

texchef Guest

I understand that. Lactose intolerance is the absence of the enzyme lactace in the digestive tract that breaks down the lactose in dairy.

Maybe it is the fat in the cheese and milk.

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

I remember becoming slightly lactose intolerant for awhile during high school

5. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Oh, I see what you mean. There are alot of things taht it could be, I wouldn't assume it is lactose intolerance until it is more longterm and frequent when eating/drinking dairy.

6. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

switch from regular milk to mootopia; it has more protein, less sugars, and is lactose-free, all while actually tasting like milk. available only at HEB, but you should have one in richardson.

edit - you might also try going to a health food store and picking up a probiotic. reseeding your digestive tract with beneficial bacteria really does help with digestion and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.