can you 12 your bike?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by POONTANG, Mar 16, 2004.

1. POONTANG

POONTANG skeet skeet

how long did it take to learn and how many times did you set it down?

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

No, I'm inadequate.

3. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

I'm too skurred.

4. Hobie1

Hobie1 No longer self-employed & now hating life

He means ride a wheelie straight up and down, hence the name 12 o'clock. If you don't ride why do you post in a thread about riding???

I can bring a bike into a wheelie with it barely rolling and balance it there, but it isn't truly 12. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's rolling, but quite a bit faster than the avg. stunt rider. I am in the throttle and riding the brake, but it's not like I could let off the throttle and the bike would stay up. I just keep a continous speed for a few hundred feet or until I run out of room. I don't have a stunt bike, bar, or anything like that, I just fuck around.

Been wanting to put together a stunt bike, just haven't gotten around to it...

5. Hobie1

LOL - :Owned:

Seriously, how can you ride that long and never hear about it???

6. Hobie1

Even though I am not truly 12'd (I am a bar and a bike to fuck up away from it) I guess I could answer this...It took one after noon, less than an hour really. I never flipped it. I never really got into that slow speed stuff. I had seen some videos on the net as the slow speed stuff was getting popular, but didn't really pay attention to them. In the late 90's the stunts were done at highway speeds. I quit going to the bike races so I didn't really see the slow speed stuff develop. Because of some bullshit the group of guys I rode with split. One is a well known stunter now days, but back then he wasn't that good. I met up with him and was watching him ride after he was starting to get really good. I always picked wheelies up in at least 2nd gear, excpet for the oddball thing like sitting on the gas tank and picking the bike up at labout 30, not damn near stopped... Obviously at slow speeds he was in first, and clutching it, clutching the bike never even crossed my mind at that speed. After watching him I went to the house and grabbed my bike, came back and just started clutching it while it was barely rolling. It's weird, the rpms are really bogged down and the front just comes up. If you are sitting down you can use the brake as the throttle. You keep the throttle in one position and drag the brake to keep it from going over or let it off a bit to get the front up...

7. ryguy461

ryguy461 New Member

damn.. i wish i knew how to 12.. i just learned sit downs and now trying to get my stand ups. im already scard as it is just trying stand ups.. whenever my fron comes down i get the wobbles.. i guess i just got to get used to it. well anyone got any good tips for stand ups let me know.

8. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

I suck at the wheelie. :(