MMA Can Y. Yoshida beat Karo at his own game?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

This fight is pretty good, they are giving Yoshida some tough tests but unlike Dong, Yoshida is 34 so they might not have time to build him up. Good match up, should be some good throws or maybe they will completely nullify each other for 15 minutes. :hsugh:

2. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I hope Karo gets beat into the dirt. I will forever hate that guy after his "Do you know who I am bro?" stunt on TUF.

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Karo Decisyan via..... .....i'll go with decision.

4. Yoshida has an awesome finishing rate. (90%)

I'm trying to break down his fight vs. Karo, because he's a very big underdog and Karo can't be feeling good after his loss to Alves (but who knows, maybe that motivates him even more).

Just because Alves can stop a guy doesn't necessarily mean anything, either, since he can stop pretty much anyone.

Interesting fight.

5. I really need to see what kind of striking Yoshida has.

I think some of the magic with Karo is gone. He won fights because people were so unused to his style, but lately he's had to out-strike people because more people are training some no-gi judo, and wrestlers do a good job of nullifying judo anyway.

Karo is tough and has good judo skills and decent striking. That's pretty much all he's got going for him. He can win fights but he can't put guys away. That's dangerous vs. a big-time finisher. Karo also has a lot of scar tissue, and it looks like Yoshida throws a lot of elbows. Even if he can't get the cut stoppage, busting a guy open is a good way to win rounds and change the momentum in a fight.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

ill cheer for karo

7. he's at +225, put down some coin on him, Mario

[​IMG]

8. I'm having mad computer problems at home though, so I can't "watch tape" like I want to.

9. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I'd like to - but I don't have an account.. Maybe I'll paypal you some cash to put on him for me.

10. haku

haku OT Supporter

@ hummungus
    can i get in on this too :x:

i have paypal :o

11. I don't have paypal.

Just open an account with bodog. The fight is still a ways off.