Can tree sap get really stuck to paint/glass?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dano, Aug 11, 2008.

1. dano

dano OT Supporter

I noticed earlier this week that I had what appeared to be tree sap on my rear quarter glass and fender. This is the same fender I whacked a pole at work with, seems to be a glutton for punishment.

Anyways, I was at my mom's place today where all my detailing stuff is at so I busted out the trusty clay bar kit and went to town. It didn't do a damn thing to the stuff. Not one bit of it came off. :wtc:

Is it possible for tree sap to get really stuck into paint/glass after < 1 week's time? I'm thinking no, and it's probably something else. It doesn't have the look of overspray, and even if it was, I have no idea where it could have possibly come from.

Even if it's tree sap or not, is there something else that might work even better than a clay bar kit to remove it?

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Iso Alcohol or a wax and grease remover like PPG DX330. You may have to dampen a rag with either then let it marinate on difficult spots and/or use a plastic razorblade in extreme cases.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What Morgan said.

4. dano

dano OT Supporter

Shit worked like wonders on the window. :bowdown:

I need to wax my car but I have some of the crap left on my paint. It's safe to use it on paint right? Googling told me it's okay. :noes: