SRS Can someone explain?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dreams2Reality, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

It's probably not something to worry about, but it crossed my mind today and I really gave it some thought.

Although never diagnosed, I always felt I had some kind of 'anxiety' issues. Now, everyone has moments where anxiety controls their body, I understand that. I don't think this is something that I need 'help' with, but a better understanding of why I feel this way would help.

I was raised by a single parent (mother) and only have 1 sibling (identical twin brother). We've never been the kind of family who sticks to exact times, exact plans, and normal routines (dinner time, lunch time, curfews, etc).

For some reason I get extremely nervous when my brother goes out. Not because he's had issues with the law or anything, but just 'nervous'. We're 22, we both party pretty hard, are always out enjoying ourselves.. but for some reason, if he goes out and doesn't come back in a short amount of time I get worried. Not a "I hope he's okay" worried, it's an uncontrollable "WTF IS GOING ON" feeling. I personally have NO REASON to think something is up.. yet, I get these 'feelings'. If I call his cell and he doesn't answer, it only makes things worse in my head. I always fear the worse, as opposed to hoping for the better.. or just letting things happen.

I'm an optomist(sp?) if I do say so myself. I lead a positive life with normal routines, nothing out of the ordinary.. yet, when my brother isn't home I automatically feel like something is wrong. Yeah, I'm over reacting, and each time I start getting these feelings he strolls in like nothing happened (and it didn't).

This is the easiest example that comes to mind as it happens just about daily.. there are many more situations I could list, but I just wanted to give everyone an idea to better help my viewers understand.

If this doesn't make sense, I'll gladly clarify..

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Are you twins?

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

^^

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

LOL, I missed that part...

But yeah, I've heard that identical twins have a "sixth sense" when it comes to thier identical counterpart. Maybe your sixth sense is getting out of control, and maybe it's because you haven't figured out how to control it yet.

I've heard stories where identical twins just knew, when the other sibling was in trouble, or had something happen to them. Maybe there is a book or some material written by some twins about this. I wouldn't really know because I don't have a twin. But maybe it's time you learned how to control it. Has your brother ever talked to you about a sixth sense between you? Does he get the same feelings when you're not around?

5. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Oddly enough, he does. I've read (not in depth) about what you're speaking of, and I'm not going to lie, I always thought it was horse shit. However, you're not the first person to make that common, and I know a few other twins who say the same thing.. get the same feelings.

If that is true, how is that explained? How does one know someone is in danger, or in a situation they're not comfortable in without it being relayed? One way it fascinates me, the other way it terrifies me.

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Again I can't honestly answer because I don't have a twin, but I would guess that it might be similar to a "gut instinct" feeling.

I remember one time back in high school I was driving home at night from a rural city that was 1.5 hours away from my house. It was late, on a county road with no other traffic so I was speeding to get home. I drove that strip of road many times and I had never seen a state trooper waiting for speeders. About half way home I had a weird sixth sense feeling that a cop was up ahead. I would describe that feeling as gut instinct feeling. I didn't listen to my gut instinct. I told myself there's no possible way there would be a cop sitting in the dark. I shit you not, 1 minute after I had that weird feeling a cop sitting on the side of the road in complete darkness turned on his lights, pulled me over and gave me a ticket for speeding.

Since that day, I have always listened to my gut instinct, and it hasn't failed me ever. I'm guessing that if twins have some linked energy, it would feel like a gut instinct feeling. Maybe this will help you control this anxiety.

Maybe you could find an online forum for twins. Maybe they have similar stories or feelings with thier siblings.

7. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Awesome. I never thought about finding a forum for twins.. that's a good idea.

And I'm the mellow kind of guy, but when it comes to my anxiety, the only way I find myself able to put it to rest, is to physically hear him say "I'll be home in a bit", or if I call to just make sure he's aight, and he gives me the "Yeah, everythings straight."

But even in the events of me calling him, he'll always ask the "You alright?" question. What's even more weird.. yesterday when I got home, I kicked off the shoes and boiled some water for some tea, I was in a shitty mood. Dude didn't make it halfway down the stairs before he was asking me "what happened?".

Weird, man. Weird.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Have you ever asked him if he feels the same?