Can someone explain to me the reason for a 169. issue?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ribbie, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

I got home yesterday after work, turned on my computer and checked my email. I then went to make dinner and when I returned, I had no internet connection. I tried repairing the LAC, nothing cant renew. I tried ipconfig /flushdns and /registerdns, as well as netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt. Then I uninstalled my nic and reinstalled it. Still 169. I didn't change a thing.....

Anyways, Now I'm backing up all my music and am getting ready to wipe the bitch clean. I've had some issues with Counterstrike Source that I hope to eliminate as well.... I just wondered if there was any sort of explanation as to why it would just instantly stop working. I have no firewalls or antivirus running on my computer, and did not open any weird attachments in my email.

Thanks. :wavey:

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

typically you get a 169 address if the computer doesn't get it from anything else, dsl/cable modem, router, etc.
    Is the cable still plugged in? How do you connect to the internet? Have you tried resetting your modem/router if you have one?

3. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

Yeah, I powercycled my router and modem multiple times. I am connected through a homenetwork and every other computer is fine, leading my to believe it's an issue only on my computer. I get Cable... The cord is plugged in, Ive flip flopped and changed ethernet......

4. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

nobody has any insight?