A&P Can somebody do me a huge favor?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Changed, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Changed

Changed Guest

I made a thread a few days ago talking about buying a 350D kit from BHphotovideo, but they want to charge me $65 tax b/c I live in NY... I've decided to buy from ButterflyPhoto b/c its almost 100$ cheaper (but they are still located in NY)

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. All I would need is to ship the package to your house, then you ship it back to me. That way I would be saving probably $50. I'll PayPal you the money for shipping. If somebody could do me this favor, I would be very grateful.

(It would help if you are located semi-close to NY as well, to cut down on shipping cost :o)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2006
  2. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

Yeah, no problem. I have a few people here that can vouch for me if you need references. I'm in PA so shipping wouldn't cost a thing ( ~ $10 UPS GROUND with $700 insurance)

3. Changed

Changed Guest

I've been lurking here and you sound pretty reliable.

edit: insurance is only $6.50 for up to $500 :bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2006
  4. Derrict

$3.50

I doubt anyone will be willing to ship to you w/o insurance. anything that happens during transit would be the shipper's liability.

5. Changed

Changed Guest

check pm's

6. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

If it doesnt work out with Derrict I would do it. I live in Delaware so I don't pay any taxes. Derrict can vouch for me.

7. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

:naughty: :x:

8. Derrict

it doesn't matter where ya live as long as it is not in NY where the store is located. as long as you ship out of state and the company doesn't have a store in that state, no tax is paid.

9. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

That's strange, my friend in NJ had to pay like $80 in taxes when he bought some stuff from B&H. So aparently B&H has a store in NJ?

Even your receipts says $0 tax?

I thought I was special because I live in one of the only tax free states in the US. :hs:

10. Derrict

no reason for a NJ resident to pay taxes:

Sales Tax

If the order is shipped within New York State , the law requires that local sales tax be added to the order total including the amount of the shipping charge. If you have resale or tax exempt status, please make your order by Phone, Fax or E-Mail, since we do not have this option available on our web site as of this time.

We do not collect tax for orders shipped out of New York State. Purchases in our store are subject to an 8.375% local sales tax. This tax is not a VAT, and cannot be recovered by non-USA visitors when returning home.

11. Changed

Changed Guest

When I put the order through it e-mailed me and said:

Thank You For Shopping ButterflyPhoto.com Your order number is *********** Important: If the address to which your order is being shipped differs from your billing address (the address to which your monthly credit card statement is sent), please use the toll-free number on the front or back of your credit card to contact your credit card company and create an Alternate Shipping Address which is simply a note on your account authorizing purchases that are delivered to a destination other than your billing address. Failure to do so may considerably delay the processing of your order.

I called my bank and got some Indian lady who barely spoke English. She said "I cant do that" (in reference to setting up a seperate shipping address.) I hope they dont give me/Derrict a fucking hassle about shipping. :o

12. Derrict

they'll usually call you and verify the purchase before shipping. B&H does this on larger orders when I ship to my work address instead of the billing address.

13. Changed

Changed Guest

:wavey: