Can men and women be plutonic friends? v11ventybillion

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AxeWhlder, Oct 25, 2005.

?

Can straight men and women be plutonic friends?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. AxeWhlder

AxeWhlder I'll eat your brain.

I had a disagreement with someone about this and I'd like some anonymous opinions.

I feel that 99% of the men out there can't be friends with an attractive or even semi-attracive female without wanting to get with her - even if they're involved with someone else. Guy will just bide their time and play the friend card until an opportunity arises. I'll admit, I have done this in the past in my younger years. Who's with me?

Now having said that and knowing there are successful male/female friendships out there (where they're both straight). Still, I believe that friendship wouldnt have happened if there wasnt an attraction to begin with.

So OT, prove me right or prove me wrong. I just want some opinions. Thanks. :bigthumb:

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

No, we cant be friends.

edit;
    I just saw that 3 people voted yes. i bet they are girls.

3. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

I wish I could, and maybe in the right situation I think I could, but I know down the road I would want to fuck. And if she wanted to fuck me I would have a hard time saying no.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

yes, as long as both people are in lpove (or infatuation) with someone else

5. purplebeast

Not true. He would still do u if u were hot. If you dont believe, ask one of ur guy "friends" if you can suck him off. See what he tells u.

6. AxeWhlder

:rofl:

Probably right. All three that actually come to OT. :eek3:

7. AxeWhlder

Having been in love I'll actually agree with this one. However, if one of the parties is single, no way.

8. brandnewlow

brandnewlow New Member

i say no... some one will always want more

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

haha. recall that latin dude i liked, who even liked me (suposedly)... i tried to kiss a week or so ago. he pushed me away... yet, hes all about getting 'whatever he can get' as far as relationships go, just not with me. go figure.

im torn on the issue, bc ive been rejected enough. but, i think if both parties are interested in someone else, you can have a friendship. however, if one has noone else to turn their frustrations/attention to, i think they will like their firend. its bound to happen, just a matter of when.

everyone finds themselves single at one point or another.

10. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I cant speak for the other person, but I definately can be friends with women. Whether in a relationship or not, there are just some people I wouldn't want anything more than to be friends with.

11. purplebeast

Not trying to be rude. And I do not know u nor do I know what u look like. But Im just guessing u werent his type or u arent what he considers hot. I can tell u for a fact. very, very few guys can say no to a hot girl. And if they are single, they will definately not be able to say no.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

who knows. he was always telling me how i had the perfect body, and whatnot. and always talking to mutual friends about how much he like me.

but i undertsand your point.

13. RandomDead

RandomDead Have your pets spayed or neutered

Well I dunno, I'd normally say that it's impossible for men and women to be "friends" but I'd be lying because I have at least 2 female "friends" that I think are attractive and don't have a constant desire to fuck. If either of them offered I'd certainly take them up on it, they're both hot womenz, but I usually can talk to them without thinking about how hot they are at all.

I guess it is possible but the fact is almost every guy wants to fuck almost every female he ever meets. I have no clue when the transition from "Hey I want to fuck her" to "Hey she's a good friend" occurs, but it does. :dunno:

Conincidentaly (really not so much) I'm talking to one of them right now trying to figure out why I'm friends w/ her and don't really want to fuck her.. I told her that I don't really think of her as a girl anymore.

14. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru::mamoru:
    I insist that yes we can be friends, but my male friends tell me otherwise.

15. Mojo

Mojo New Member

im gonna have to say yes, two heterosexual male/female friends could easily get along as simply friends. i have a friend whose a female and hot, but i dont see her more than a friend. why? because she has slept with various men and that disturbs me. but its not my business anyways.

in conclusion, the female attractive friends i know can be bitches, snobs, brats, etc and thats what stops me into getting deeper relation with them, whether it be friends or mates. i would rather enjoy banging a down ass girl whose 7/10 attractive level than a straight brat thats a dime. my .02

16. Ten Yard Fight

Ten Yard Fight New Member

I voted yes.

I have 3 really good female friends all of which i feel no want for.

but I will admit i was attracted to them in the beginning. one i even had sex with at one point.

1 of the girls i would consider one of my best friends and i would see her naked and probably run the other way. She is extremely good looking, does modeling etc, and could probably get almost any guy she wants.

but you are right there needs to be an initial attraction and i doubt i'd be friends with any of these girls if i didnt find them attractive in the first place.. there would have been no reason to go up to them, because we all know as guys, girls make shitty friends.

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

clear out some PM space, please :x:

18. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

hmmm... a valid argument.

however i voted for 'yes'. simply because i have girfriends like that, whom im friends with, but thats as far as it would go. attracted to each other? perhaps. but physical attraction is almost a knee-jerk reaction at this point.

19. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I'm voting yes because it can happen - but your instinct is to root any attractive woman. Often a platonic friendship won't happen, at least until it has been established that sex/relationship will "never" happen.

Most men would still sleep with the friend, given the chance.

20. Apothis

Apothis New Member

Though I don't consider it all together impossible, it is unlikely in most cases. As a general rule, I have to go with "no". If both people are straight, single, and at least reasonably attractive, all they need now is for their personalities to click ..which pressumably they'd have to to be friends. What we have now is a pair who are considered "good together". One or both of them is guaranteed to want more than a platonic buddy at this point. When all the "points" add up, it's pretty much inevitable that extra-friendly feelings will develop. They might think they're just friends, but this situation is not what I'd call a friendship. I'd more call it an exercise in frustration that can either turn out well or badly, depending on whether the feelings are mutual.

21. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

22. RockChick

RockChick New Member

yeah, if the guy is gay... ha-ha.

seriously tho I think its possible... not every guy is gonna hit on you just cos you're a girl... sure lots of times it happens but if you're with someone (as a girl) and you're loyal and you clear up all misconceptions before (like "no, I am not interested in being your fuck friend" or whatever), it should work.

23. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

I don't think it is possible. I have never had a girl who was just a friend. I try, the problem is at one point in time or another the opportunity would arise and I am on it. There are girls that are my friends who I haven't slept with but I know if given the chance I would. So once again my answer is NO

24. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

vote for no here, see when harry met sally

25. Im a girl and I have a bunch of male friends. I usually even have more male friends than female (girls are usually more dramatic) Most of the guys that I am friends with I couldnt imagine doing more with, because that would just be gross. Not that they arent attractive, Im just not interested.