SRS Can meet girls but can't get into a relationship stage

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wonderboy, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

I can talk to girls, most of the time any girl.. confidently.. I will have stuff to say, jokes to tell.. Usually when i first meet a girl, that's probably my best there... after than it kinda goes downhill.. and i can never turn their initial interest (which i can clearly see when i first meet them) into a relationship or a date... I tried to get their numbers fast, try to set up a date right away.. i tried playin it slow..

I dunno, just saying.. it's kinda depressing really... My friends always tell me how impressed they are when they see me meet a chick.. but it never goes anywhere

2. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

Do you think you are making a connection with these girls? Or is it one sided conversations and weird glances? What is your body language like? How about theirs? In general, people subconsciously decide if they want to continue any form of a relationship with you (not always romantic) with in the first 5 minuets of meeting.

3. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yes.. they seem really into me, it's not a one sided convo.. they laugh, they are open.. like there is this girl in my computer science class.. she's the only hot chick in the class.. so everyone's been sackriding her since the beginnin of the class.. so last week, she sat with the guys she sits with and beside my friend and i was on the other side of my friend.. and the whole class she was talkin to me, the guys she's been hangin out with were tryin to get her attention.. after we left, the friend in the middle was like man you are my hero, these guys have been tryin to pick her up for a month and you just did so much more in just one hour.. and shit.. i got her number couple days ago.. but i dunno, i feel like it's already gettin too late with this chick before i should prolly do something

4. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

If you have her number call her! She wouldn't give it to you if she didn't care. Obviously ask her out to coffee or something none threatening but date like. Once you have that date you need to keep her interest. Is that where it usually goes downhill?

5. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yea i think so.. i think i use all my jokes or stuff, and it impresses them then it starts becoming dull and friendship like.. and i can't get into that romantic stage.. it's hard to explain

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

do you have any substance to you, or just the pick up stuff?

my guess is that you present one type of person when you pick them up and then once you go on the date, you show a somehow different side that the girls are not as attracted to. not saying that there is specifically anything wrong with who you are, but maybe you are picking up ladies that dont mesh well with your real self and they are not prepared for who you present on the date

does that make sense?

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Only you can control where it leads. It sounds like you are sabatoging yourself for some reason. You know you can get numbers and get girls interested but you stop it before it gets physical for fear of commitment or something... :dunno:

How much effort do you put into trying to get these girls to hangout with you again?

8. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

it could be right.. but i have a pretty good life goin on i think.. not boring or anything.. i go out, i play guitar, full time student, i work too.. but you may be right, because people might be thinkin that i am like a party-animal when they first meet me or something which i'm actually not

9. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i put effort into it, i get discouraged fast, i think but i try but once i see a sign that they are not or might not be interested, i move on...

10. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

ok i met this really hot chick in one of my classes, the next day there was a guitar hero competition thing and we were gonna go to that, i got her number, called her the next day, she didn't pick up.. i left a message.. never returned the call.. then i sent a text message that night (something like "too scared to face me in guitar hero" because we were jokin about kickin each other's asses in guitar hero and shit) and she never replied.. so that was it for me.. i even deleted the number.. should i have tried harder?

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

no, trying too hard is a turn off too.

you need to learn that sometimes, you guys just wont mesh well together. and thats fine. keep putting yourself out there, talking to girls, finding girls you like. the more girls you talk to, the higher your chances of finding a girl who is into the same type of things you are.

are you only hitting on/talking to one type of girl? or do you talk to a lot of different types?

12. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

no actually i don't try too hard.. and i always think maybe i'm not trying hard enough...

sendin that text message to that girl was a long-stretch for me.. i would usually call, leave a message.. and wouldn't talk to them again until they called... but i dunno sometimes i think i'm not tryin hard enough (tryin to play it cool) that they lose interest..

13. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i disagree. i think you did your job by calling and leaving them a message

if these are girls who require you to chase after them and call multiple times before they return a phone call, you dont want to be involved with them anyway

which is why i will ask again, are you only asking out one type of girl?

14. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

no, actually i ask any attractive girl i can meet... it's been almost a year since i had a gf, so gettin desperate a bit too so i don't ask out only one type of girl...

15. PresidentJames

PresidentJames New Member

it's cuz ur too nice.
    gotta get flirty cuz girls liek assholes more than nice guys, figuratively speaking.
    and i kno someone's gonna tell me about "sensitive guys are awesome" but those guys are flirtatious too, u have to make a woman feel a little naughty too, not just good conversation.

cuz here's what happens:
    "oh, i rly liek him, but i don't wanna fuck him"

then ur fucked(well ok, ur not fucked,). try again.

16. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i'm not too nice.. i know that for a fact.. i know about the cocky and funny thing and that's just my personality... I know being too nice is not my problem..

17. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

people always tell me i'm an asshole (jokingly, because i tease people, make fun of them in a funny way where we are all laughing)

18. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

so yeah

19. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

here's the rule: Leave ONE message, then wait for her to get back to you. I mean think about it...every girl with a cell phone knows how to tell when she has a voicemail. Leaving multiple messages screams "I have nothing in my life to do but wait around for you to fill my time!"

It's completely up to her whether she wants to get back to you or not, but by leaving just the one message, you won't be worrying and waiting around for her to call back.

If she doesn't call back, no big deal. Leave your message, then go out and find something fun to do.

20. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

lol i know that's exactly what i do... i know just to leave one message which is what i did..

anyways.. movin on

21. [lolz]

[lolz] OT Supporter

Exactly what happened to me in my high school years.

I was too shy to even figure it out.

22. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

well that makes 2 of us.. although i'm not shy at all

what happened since then? how old are you now?

23. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i guess i'm just gonna have to keep tryin until i get it right

24. [lolz]

[lolz] OT Supporter

Well i met the girl of my dreams and i don't look back.

I can relate to a girl if we see each other a regular basis, but other than that, i am too shy to even talk to a girl.

25. [lolz]

[lolz] OT Supporter

It will come, sooner or later.