Can I wire this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OTOPIAN, Dec 18, 2004.

1. OTOPIAN

OTOPIAN New Member

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Here is the deal.

My computer is upstairs. I'm sick of blasting the system and pointing the speakers towards the stairs so I can hear it while in the kitchen downstairs.
    I want to run some speaker wire from my computer, to speakers in my kitchen. Appx. 60 feet.

-------------------------------------------

My equipment is as follows:

SPEAKER CABLE - Monster XP compact presion stranded high resolution speaker cable with magnetic flux tube and lpe dielectric (that is all it says on it, no more info available)

SPEAKERS: Creative Labs 2.1 2400, 2 Piece System - 21 Watts , 4.5 Watts Satellite , 12 Watts Subwoofer -
    These are the ones that will stay upstairs at my computer.

SPEAKERS: Bose Companion 2.
    Built-in amp. These are the ones I want to run 60ft to my kitchen.
    -----------------------------------------

Computer specs:

2.2 ghz
    512ram
    400w power supply

I want to splice into where my creative labs cable TO MY COMPUTER goes to the creative labs sub. I want to install a switch to enable me to fire up the speakers at my computer, OR in the kitchen OR in BOTH. It will probably be custom made.

Will I have enough juice, is the speaker wire I mentioned sufficient to do this? Can I do this?
    [/font]

2. Robb

Robb Guest

I feel it would be simpler to buy a home reciever, connect that to your PC, run lengthened speaker wire from the receieve to wherever you want it in the house.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what you want to do will not work.

Robb has the right idea.

4. OTOPIAN

OTOPIAN New Member

5. Robb

Robb Guest

yeah, just get a minjack to rca cable from walmart, radishack, whereever, plug the minjack into the output from your sound card. Hook up the rca's to your reciever, then run the speaker wires from your reciever to wherever you want the speakers. should work great, i have mine run off a reciever and it sounds great

6. skinjob

skinjob Active Member