can i take weight gainer in durations during the day?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by meatball, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

the directions say once a day, in the morning, but drinking 24 oz of weight gainer and milk in the morning seriously screws me up for the day at school :barf:.

Would i be able to take like 8 ounces morning, 8 ounces mid afternoon, and 8 ounces post workout?

2. it's up to you. you can take it as much as you want but the smaller amounts you take the more useless it is. it's basically made so you can take in large amounts of calories quickly and easily and not have to buy a shitload of food/prepare it all that bullshit. you'd just be screwing yourself taking small amounts @ atime.

3. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

so I can take it anytime during the day then for equal results?

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

calories are calories

5. well you aren't gonna get good results if you just take one serving but spread it out during the day because one serving is what ~ 1200 calories? i'd take 3 servings a day + pre+post wo shake and a few scoops of casein before bed. plus my regular meals all throughout the day.. jsut eat man and keep pumping down those calories because anyone who is taking weight gainer should be drinking that shit religiously as well as eating.

6. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I take it post workout for quick calories and carbs and sugars and shit.

7. DoublasM2

DoublasM2 New Member

i have a shake before i hit shower and go to bed, at that point it isn't filling me up for meals that i'm going to have, and any digestive fuckups can happen there with me unconscious :noes:

8. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

It's ok to split it up

9. it is but how is he going to get big spreading out one serving of a ~1200 calorie shake a day? :hsugh:

or am i not understanding him correctly...

10. Katarn2086

Katarn2086 I know exactly where we're going....where the fuck

well, if he eats 3000+ calories in his diet otherwise and has 1200 calories on top of it...that would be ok for starting to bulk.

but if he isn't eating the 3000+ calories then he isn't going to get bigger spreading out his one serving of 1200 calories in the shake...I agree with you here

11. but think about it.. the only reason he bought the weight gainer would be to get bigger.. so why not man the fuck up and chug that shit (3 servings per day) instead of what he wants to do which is splitting up 1 serving into incraments of 3.

12. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

He was/is only going to be taking it once a day, so splitting that one serving up into 3 would make no difference and he wouldnt' be screwing himself at all.

13. oh. well if he wants to get big he better be taking more servings of that a day unless he also eats a shitload of food.

14. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Everyone doesn't need 5000 calories a day to gain weight, I can gain fine on 3500.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  15. to each his own.

16. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

I used to take mine right before I went to bed. It was an extra 1500 calories that helped me through the night and I had great results. Too poor at the moment but soon I'll get some more.

17. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

So you are suggesting that he takes in over 3000 calories of just weight gainer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.