Can I skip protein after a FAST workout?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Swift, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

So I will have a good meal roughly 1 hour before a really intense 30 minute work out (I don't like taking my time), is it ok to not take protein after? (I'm not "hungry" after my work out because I eat 1 hour before). Thanks :)

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

:ugh:

think about that, does it make a ton of sense that 150lb women and 250lb man can absorb the same amount of protein (or any nutrient) in a given time period?

that being said, there is a time limit for how long your body/muscles are "super absorbent" to nutrition after a work, 30min to an hour I think. So that hour after is around that upper limit, though I'd try to get a shake in before that ideally. Even if you're not "hungry" because depending on the size of the meal, most of the nutrients might have been used up during that workout and you're body will require more.

3. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

It's basic pre-workout and post-workout nutrition

If you are serious about progress, you DEFINITELY want a post-workout shake.

How hard is it to put 1 scoop of whey and a scoop of dextrose/glucose/maltodextrin in a shaker and drink it? You don't have to be hungry.. just drink it.

Hell, drink a whey/malto blend DURING your workout instead of just water if that helps

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.