MMA Can I has UFC82? No I cant.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GreatDeceiver, Mar 1, 2008.

1. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

So I just learned from my gf's friend who works at a Paninis here in Columbus where I always go to watch fights that they, and everyone else in Columbus, is not allowed to show UFC 82. A city-wide blackout unless the venue is sold out, then maybe people can order it.

Thanks alot UFC, you'd think that people ordering the fight and bar patronage would be good enough to make some money, but apparently they want that AND every seat sold.

Not a good start to my fucking day.

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

order online

3. roose

roose Guest

What in the fuck? That is lame.

This message has been brought to you by Bud Light.

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah other sports do that but I never thought that the ufc or any combat sport would do something like that. Its like sort of punishing the fans for not going. I dont know about you but I would much rather watch a fight in the comfort of my own home then going to an arena to watch it. the only exception being if some one i know is fighting.

its stupid because they make alot more off of tv sales then they do off of the arena. I used to work at directv so I know. One bar in the area depending on the viewing occupancy might pay up to 3k to watch a fight.

5. GreatDeceiver

Whats strange is that my friend is going and he says it is sold out. I dunno if there is a deadline or something for the bars to be able to show it but if I can order it at home I will.

Just a really lame thing to do on the UFC's part. Why punish fans, seriously? We do nothing but give your greedy ass money.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I thought they just don't allow businesses to order the event, but you can still order from home. Havent they been doing that in Vegas for a long time?

7. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

The crazy part of all this is what about someone like myself....Father with a 2yr old that wants to watch but isnt going to take his kid to the arena. They really alienate some of their customers.

The flipside is that Im sure MOST events sellout and the blackout gets lifted...FWIW

8. GreatDeceiver

I dunno, I'm thinking that you're correct. There's no way they would block personal homes in Columbus from ordering the event, so I might just look into that. At the same time, this means that instead of paying a 5 dollar fee to get into the bar I have to pay $45.

Pretty smart move on their part. Smart for the business but shitty for the fan, just like everything that the UFC has been doing lately.

9. tk biz

tk biz New Member

stream it, a blackout is ridiculous

10. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

so you would rather take your 2yr old to the bar instead of the arena. :ugh2:

its a business broadcast blackout. :rolleyes:
    not blocking personal homes.

11. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

sometimes, I'll wait for the torrent to come out and not go on OT while i'm waiting.

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, your $5 a month is cushioning their pockets for sure.

stop whining, get friends together and pitch in $5 a piece and watch it at their house.

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

seriously.

14. Five7

Five7 Member

They arent going to block PPV buys at residential locations. They will block business locations and it would be blacked out if it were on broadcast network tv.

Thats how most professional sports work including the NFL. No sellout = no FREE broadcast. If youre paying then youre good to go.

15. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Just order it from home... I know that I spend at LEAST $45 if I go to the bar... and then you don't have to put up with all the casual fan faggots...

16. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:bsflag:

ive seen plenty of punkasses that go to the bar and just pay the cover or get in free and have water or one/two beers.
    that's like $10-15 max. :down: