Can I get some workout advice please?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CheapShot, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheapShot

CheapShot New Member

I was hoping for some good advice. so I'll describe what i do and you can give me advice. I have about an hour and 20 minutes per day during the week to workout and on the weekends i often go for a light jog for a half hour, and then sometimes jump sideways up and down stairs.

Monday:
    jog half hour on running machine at 10 Kilometres/hour

Do bench press: Do bench 5 sets 25 Kilos each side first set - ending at about 32 kilos each side. last set i do 2 or 3 reps. (I started lifting again only a few months ago)

3 sets of biceps single hand (we dont have the two hand bicep bar)

3 sets of dips (10 reps)

Hit the shower

Tuesday:

jog half hour on treadmill

Shoulder press behind the head, and in front of the head - 3 sets each. Starting at 10 kilos each side and just going up the 12-14

Triceps - 3 sets

Back machine - 3 sets

Wednesday:

Jog again half hour, or jog 20 minutes and do roeing machine for 10

Then I do abdos with the instructor, many sets, and then 3 sets of push ups with legs elevated, 15 - 20 reps.

Thursday:

Same as Monday

Friday:
    Jog again, and then a mix of different weights.

I usually do 3-4 sets of 40 abdos 5 days a week. An instructor had me doing benching but she had me using only 15 kilos on each side and doing more reps. She said it will cut me better and reduce the fat on my chest. Is this good? she also had me holding the weight sometimes for 3 seconds in the up position. It strains a lot and feels like it helps. is this a good technique?:ugh2:

FYI - its not a free bench press, it is a machine with hooks so you wont hurt yourself if you cant get it up. The hand weights are sucky too. The nut starts to unscrew when you are using it. And there are only (2) 5 kilo weights so you cant do biceps with both hands at the same time. I like the running machine because its low impact, i am nursing a tendinitis and its much improved now.
    Also - I was (DONT LAUGH) at least 230 pounds (I think) a couple of years ago and I am now officially 203.5 (92.5 kilos) pounds. I am 6 feet tall. Most of the fat left is on my waist/back and I am medium build. I played contact sport for many years. My goal is not to have fat. Just want to be cut, but I dont want to look like a rugby player. I'd rather be more of the mean and lean variety.
    Any ideas? would be greatly appreciated.

2. trancezj

trancezj New Member

first off I'd find a real gym.. For a good workout that you can do easily in under 1.5 hours check my sticky. It's a great routine. Diet is where how you're going to get cut not cardio. My suggestion would be to do a damn sight more volume and cut the cardio way back.

3. CheapShot

CheapShot New Member

You are surely right, I just cant afford it. I use a company gym which is only about 70 sq metres, 2 running machines, stairmaster, 2 bikes, rowing machine, back machine and legs machine, bench and "ballet wooden bar". So yes, the gym is lacking in equipment.

That's great. I have 20 minutes in the morning. Might not be worth it, but i really enjoy a nice jog before work. Then I have 1 hour at lunch for the workout. Is it ok to split it up? I dont have 1.5 hours consecutive time.

4. trancezj

trancezj New Member

that workout really doesn't need to be split up much, but it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. Volume is how much you're doing as in reps/exercises. The easiest way to lose fat is by far diet. If you don't take the calories in you don't have to burn them off. get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.