Can I get advice for my resume?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheDarkHorizon, May 13, 2006.

1. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

Here's my objective / summary:

The summary is just a mess of stuff that I want to show in my resume, and the wording isn't exactly perfect. I'm looking to apply for an internship at Intel doing systems software programming, which I don't have a whole lot of experience with yet, but it isn't a requirement for the position.

I wanted to include some projects I've done that I could possibly talk to them in an interview about. Is it a good idea to do this? Is it fine in the summary section?

2. happy.thoughts

happy.thoughts Member

Resumes are usually summeries. But for technical jobs detail resumes are much more desired.
    List out events in detail maybe including sections like
    "Key Contributions"

Seriously can you really write C++ classes like you was reading a book?
    if so tell me details and examples.
    When I looked at Resumes everybody said they knew C++ becasue they took a class in school. but when it came down for them to doing it, shot down.
    So the person scanning these resumes will prob have the same mentality. Give them a proff you know.
    my 2cents

3. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

But how can I convey that in a resume? Isn't that the point of the interview? Of course if I don't know something that's listed on my resume, interviewers would be able to pick it up instantly.

Any suggestions about the content I posted in general?