SRS Can I call her?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lastrain13, Oct 24, 2006.

1. lastrain13

lastrain13 Not Awaiting Approval

Hi everyone,

This is my first year at college. There is this girl that I really like and would like to ask her out. She has already given me her phone number and called me a couple times. We met up to do our homework once with another friend.

I don't know if this girl seems me as a friend or someone she could like. But when I talk to her I get the feeling she likes me. I'm just not 100% sure.

I didn't go to school today and won't be going tomorrow. Do you think it would be okay if I called her tomorrow night and asked her about the homework I missed and then ask her what she is doing on Friday night?

The only other problem is that I don't know of many places around my college to go out to eat. My house is about 30-40 minutes away from my school. So I could drive us there and we could go eat at a nice place. Is that too far to go for a date?

I really don't want to ask her to go eat at the cafeteria. I think that is really lame.

Thanks!

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

sounds like you already know what to do. Go call her.

3. johan

johan Active Member

you're right, the cafeteria is lame. That screams friend.

if you don't want to drive 30-40 mins to "your" neighbourhood, why don't you take the next day or two to find some suitable place near your college, like within 10-15 mins drive. It's not that hard.

Then go there. Problem solved. Just have the courage to go through with what you really want...which is not a "friend".

Don't be pushy but communicate (subtlely) that this is a date. You know what I'm talking about.

4. lastrain13

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

5. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

O.K. Need more info. I'll assume you are both under 21, correct? Do you or she like to "party"? You both live on campus or near there in apartments, or do you live at home 30 mins. away?

You need to ask her out on a date. Make it clear that it's a date, no sneaky lets go to dinner and then try and turn it into a date. You want her to say yes to a date! Then you want that date to be fun and memorable. Dinner is always good, 30 mins drive sounds like you might run out of stuff to talk about. Why not search on the net for the restaurant, find one near your school that takes reservations. Take the restaurant a linen tablecloth, a vase and some flowers, ask them to put it on your reserved table. Then you come up with a place to go after dinner. Musem, art gallery a walk something to keep your momentum going. Then you drop her off, and give her a kiss. Then come back her and let's plan a second date.

6. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Well, it sounds like you know what you're doing. Make sure that she understands that you're asking her out on a date, not just as friends. Take her to a nice restaraunt - not too seedy but not too 'posh' either, just a place where you two can enjoy yourselves.

Keep us updated!

7. johan

johan Active Member

You're going to bring your own tablecloth, vase and flowers and make the restaurant put that on your table?

:rofl: I find that amusing and hopelessly "romantic" in a "I saw that in a movie" way.

And next, she's going to come home from that first date, and find 187 red roses in her room... one for each day you've been watching her...

8. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Think what you want.

Stupid romantic shit=pantydropping. :wiggle:

9. Userdoesnotexist

Userdoesnotexist awww...doggah...

Also, just remember not to wuss out if the environment makes you feel like you can take it a step further. Sometimes, an opportunity only comes once, and if you miss out on it, you could be banging your head against the wall later. :hs:

10. Pringles

Pringles New Member

kind of what I was thinking. "Regret what you do and not what you didnt do." You only live once so make a mistake or maybe make a dream come true. Also remember that there are so many other chicks in college. It sounds like your devoting too much time and thought into this first date and odds are you are going to come off in desperate need of her.

11. lastrain13

Well, I called her and I think it worked out. I'm not going to get attached in case it doesn't though.

I asked her what shes doing on Friday night and she said she usually goes home on the weekends, but she is free all next week. (I know this isn't a lie because she does usually go home on the weekends. I always hear her talking about that)

So I said then next week lets go out sometime for dinner and she said okay. I know I was bad, and didn't get an exact date..XD

But I'll see her in class tomorrow and make sure she knows its a date. And if she isn't in class tomorrow (because tomorrows class is sort of optional, I'll ask her on Friday when we both definitely go to class.)

When I see her I'll ask her if Tuesday night is good to "go out".

From the tone of her voice, she sounded interested. But I guess we will just have to see.

We are both 18. And I told her I don't know of any restaurants around school, but I know of some great ones near my house, which is 30 minutes away. And she said that's cool. We both live at the school, but usually go home on the weekends. I only live 30 minutes away even though I live on campus, but she lives about 1 hour away. And no, I don't think either of us are big "party" people. Well, I'm not and I don't think she is because all she ever does is hang out with another girl in my class.

12. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Good Luck! You can solidify the actual day on friday....