SRS Can I assume it might be over?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by registeredPORK, Apr 9, 2008.

1. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

So, the SO will be forced to move back to CO where his parents work at a Christian Methodist camp. The reason being is he hasn't been able to find a job here, so I've been sticking my neck out for him, and honestly--I don't mind. There are only times when I feel a bit distraught financially because of it but overall, I love him and money is not object to me.

Can I assume that it'll be over once he moves back to CO? He really doesn't want to, given all the horror stories he's told me about working there and how badly a lot of the campers are.

And I love him, but I know I can't support him forever, but at the same time, I don't really want to lose him because of this... I've told him if he wants to stay, he needs to step up his game or he will be going, but I don't know how successful he'll be in doing it.

I guess... I just don't know how to really feel about this. :wtc:

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

You're right that you cant support him forever - but how much have you been supporting him, that is, how long has he been living with you w/o a job? I hate to be rude, but is he really looking for one? It sounds like he's go himself a pretty sweet deal, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and where are you living right now - how far away is it from where he'd be going?

3. registeredPORK

He has been looking for jobs, and he gets interviews, but he doesn't get those callbacks.

Indeed, it does sound like he's got himself a great deal...

I live in MN and he'll be moving back to CO, so it's a bit away.

Honestly, I'm ashame to admit it but I've been supporting him for awhile now.

4. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

Don't feel bad about lending support to someone you love, it's not unusual or foolish. When you see a future in something it's natural to invest more than just emotions. If 'a while' has turned into more than six months it's wandered into a place where you've being taken advantage of for the convenience.

Long distance relationships do work for some people. I'm not one of them because I love the whole waking up next to him in bed and still being able to marvel at how much I love him even though he's just elbowed me in his sleep again thing.

If there's nothing wrong with the relationship, try the long distance thing out, who knows what's in store for you, maybe you could move with him and he can support you for a while <3

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

What kind of jobs is he looking for? Does he have a 'career path' in mind or something, is he looking in a specific feild? If so, you might want to tell him to broaden his search. Even if he has to flip burgers or fold tshirts for a while, thats still something and he can continue to look for something better in the mean time. Yeah, it'll suck, but so does having to move away and work at a shitty camp w/ his parents.
    At this point it sounds like ANY job would be better than no job, just so he can contribute to the finances. Obviously you've been making it w/ him with no income, so even if was making a little bit I bett that would help a good deal and would show you he's serious about helping out and wanting to stay...

6. registeredPORK

Thanks guys, I think I'll have a conversation with him tonight. :hs:

7. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

No problem - let us know how it goes!