Can garage band be used to make remixes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pineapple Devil, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

say i've got X song and Y techno beat. can i mix them together to make take the music out of X song and add only the voice to Y techno beat?

2. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

:dunno: i havent really explored garageband too much

3. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I tried to do this as well but I couldn't.. If someone knows how, I'd sure like to know how.

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i'm sure someone knows

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

separating voice and beat can only be done with the original file (read: not mp3 or other compressed file). but if you convert a song to .aif, you can add them as separate tracks to mix them. I've made a continuous song (53minutes) out of several different songs.

6. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Something stronger like Reason or Protools might allow you to fudge it. Those programs have a lot of tweaking one can do and you might be able to isolate the center vocal track & mute it or cut it.

Problems you may encounter is when they layer the vocal track or mix it you'll hear it echoing in the background. My old AIWA stereo could do this in it's "Karioke" (sp?) mode. Most songs it would eliminate all but the slightest echo of the vocal tracks. But if it became channel specific you'd hear it.

7. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Good luck! It will still sound like crap. Find instrumental & vocal versions of the songs...

8. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Oh no doubt it'll sound hacked. But it's a start for someone making homebrewed mixes.