GUN Can anyone tell me what this M1 is worth?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Admitted, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

It is my grandfathers and he thinks it is Korean War era.
    http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010190c.jpg

Action is crystal clean. Barrel is pretty clean, had some minor rust I cleaned up with some rem oil. The stock has some dents and dings.

2. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

It's a WWII receiver, specifically March of 1945

In order to determine a value you'll need to catalog all the parts serial numbers.

Start with the barrel, pull the op rod back and you'll see a code on the barrell,

Then you need to take the trigger group out and list all the part numbers for the hammer, safety, trigger housing etc

The Op-Rod itself with have a serial number as well. If it's "uncut" it will be worth more

3. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

4. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

I'd be willing to bet it's a Greek armory mix master rifle. However if it has correct parts it's worth alot more

CORRECT GRADE: (Very Good to Excellent)
    Correct Grade Rifles are similar to the Service Grade (above), but will show less wear and use. Correct Grade rifles will have all correct parts for the date of manufacture with 80% or better overall original metal finish. The stock and handguards will be of walnut and correct for the rifle but will have some dings, dents, scratches and marring of the wood finish. Stocks will have the appropriate original inspector's cartouche. The rifle bore will be very good with no significant defects and with a throat erosion of less than 4 and a muzzle wear of 2 or less. Very good to excellent condition. Limited quantities are occasionally available. Prices start at $950.
    COLLECTOR GRADE: (Excellent)
    Collector Grade Rifles have 95% or better overall original metal finish. Rifle bores are excellent with throat erosion under 3 and muzzle wear of 2 or less. Collector Grade rifles have all original parts as they came from the manufacturer. Wood will have a few handling marks and minor dings and scratches. Stocks have the appropriate inspector's cartouche. Data sheets prepared by CMP armorers are included in the butt trap of each Collector Grade Rifle. Excellent condition - little or no use. Limited quantities are occasionally available. Prices start at $1400.