can anyone tell me what kind of rims these are?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by arabphil, Nov 7, 2007.

1. arabphil

arabphil New Member

2. Tasteless?

3. Wanna-B Race-R

Wanna-B Race-R New Member

4. arabphil

arabphil New Member

and exactly what would u recommend?

5. Something simple and clean. It also depends on what you want to do with the car. If you want to attract 17 year old girls (or boys) those wheels are fine. If you want to look a little more grown up, I'd keep looking.

6. arabphil

arabphil New Member

well i am barley 18 so i do want to attract those 17 and 18 year old girls. But the main reason i love the car is the performance, so i want something that looks real good and performs real well.

7. There are lots of wheels that will perform well and look good. If mom and dad have the money to buy you a 335, I'm sure they can afford some decent wheels. Also, if you have any interest in performance, you'll know that 20 inch wheels are absurd. Stick with 17 or 18 inch.

8. SinisterHand

SinisterHand Active Member

9. HRE are so cliche, and they sure as hell aren't performance wheels.

10. arabphil

arabphil New Member

im actually financing the car with my dad as a cosigner and ill be making the payments every other month. rims im sure will be all on me but who knows they might help me out. thanks for the suggestions so far by the way.

11. SinisterHand

SinisterHand Active Member

I never said I liked them, I figured that was the type of wheel he would be into. :dunno:

12. Allanlambo

Allanlambo New Member

I dont think those are too bad. I can hook you up with the owner of I forged wheels directly if you like. He will take care of you. Check out their website and see if there is anything you like. He just did a set of wheels for my SLR.

13. arabphil

arabphil New Member

hey there are definitely a few things i like. do u what u can do please

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

A 17 year old has no fucking business driving a 335 in the first place. You should be driving a ten year old Mazda 626 with good gas mileage and bad tires, so you'll learn to fear for your life like you should -- BEFORE you wreck somebody else's pride and joy and almost kill yourself in the process.

You can always get a nice car later.

15. arabphil

arabphil New Member

hey buddy u can kiss mine. Just cause u cant afford it or didnt get a nice car at my age doesnt mean i dont deserve it. First off, try a 3.5 gpa all through highschool with college classes this year. Second try running your dads business for 2 months over the summer. and lastly, i drove an old beat up toyota truck for 2 years with only a parking lot bump on my record. I earned this and not you or anyone is gonna tell me other wise. I came to ask for opinions on rims not your opinion of what car i can and can not get.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  16. deusexaethera

Welcome to the real world, where people don't wait for you to ask what they think.

You're right, I didn't get a nice car at your age. But all the people I know who did get nice cars wrecked them in a year or less. I've never met another driver besides myself who kept his first car from age 16 to age 22 without so much as a scratch, and I've seen a great many people trash one car after another until they actually had to buy one......so yeah, I tend to assume there aren't many people out there who actually pay attention and don't drive like lunatics when they're still in high school.

Best of luck to you. If you fuck it up doing doughnuts, or if it gets smashed in your school parking lot because nobody else who parks there has learned to be careful yet, don't come crying around here.

17. arabphil

arabphil New Member

um u think i havent been around the real world? go see where i grew up buddy, im pretty sure you would piss your self walking around. this is a forum about cars where i asked a specific question about a car accessory not for opinions about young people getting nice cars, that would go in another area of OT. Thats why the site has different sections and allows you to state your question. sorry mister perfect driver but your a very rare occurrence among drivers in their first two years where almost everyone has at least something happen to them in a car. Next thing, im 18, dont you think im smart enough to not do doughnuts in a 50 thousand dollar car? i had all the time and ability to fuck around in my piece of shit truck. Lastly, you dont buy a fuckin BMW with out insurance to cover anything that happens in a parking lot.

18. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:gtfo:

19. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

no 18 year old should be behind the wheel of a $50k car... It's stupid.

What's worse, however, is that you feel that you deserve a $50k car. You didn't earn it, you're being given something rediculous on a silver platter.

I could care less that you're being given that car... it's the fact you think you should be given it that makes me sick.

That said, those wheels are horrible.

20. arabphil

arabphil New Member

ok u can have your own opnions. the wheels are ugly so someone reccomend me some good ones please.

21. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Wait... Is this a thread w/ some douchebag kid wanting a $50k car and more than likely is going to have it paid by his parents (just b/c you 'work' for your dad doesn't mean he's not doing you a huge fucking favour + probably overpaying you)..... and bragging about living in the hood, running his dads business (janitorial or warehouse work counts as running a business now? :rofl: ), and having a 3.5gpa in highschool????? :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

You the man now dawg!!!!!!!!!!!

22. deusexaethera

Hmm. Do I think an 18 year old is smart enough to not do doughnuts in a 50 thousand dollar car...

No, I don't. All the time in the world fucking around in your old pickup truck is not going to prepare you for the experience of driving a BMW.

I certainly hope you don't get this worked up when someone rolls up next to your new Bimmer and talks shit about whatever wheels you end up getting. I'd hate to see you get all defensive and end up getting in an accident racing the guy.

One last thing I want to clear up: you haven't earned a 3-series. How do I know that? Because someone else is buying it for you. When you've spent the time to earn the $75k to buy the car and the parking spot in a garage and the insurance and the maintenance costs and the fuel bill, then you've earned it. What you've done thus far is demonstrate the capacity to earn the car, which is not nothing, don't get me wrong, but it's not the same as earning the car itself.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  23. arabphil

arabphil New Member

your right thank you for opinions

24. See guys, we can get through to these kids, so long as we all stick together and are reasonable. Here, we've just saved a perfectly good (not counting the styling) 335 from meeting an untimely demise at the hands of a spoiled highschool kid. 335s everywhere can sleep soundly without nightmares of being wrapped around a tree (or a tollbooth, telephone pole, big rock, starbucks front window, some poor mom taking her kids to soccer practice) at 155mph because sonny figured the laws of physics don't apply to him.

25. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Can YOU afford it or can your parents afford it? :rofl: